Ram Promaster Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I expect Phil is right but the didn’t put them on the diesel either!
I suspect the reason is, it's 2 less items on the production line.

So, what you're saying is, no protection on the driver side. So, when rock crawling, keep to the left. Got it.
Unless you install monster 245/75 mud tires. It shouldn't be a concern with all that extra ground clearance.
For some reason I mentally put a smiley face on every post you post.

I don't think a piece of plastic will help when rock crawling :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I guess FCA cut corners I only have a passenger side also but they are available
FYI- This part didn't fit my 2019 Promaster. The holes didn't line up and the basic shape didn't fit at all so I returned it.

·
Premium Member
8,057 Posts
Those fit the diesel BTW, I don’t know about the gasser.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is no under vehicle shield on the driver’s side. Either that or we are all missing it!
Are you kidding me?! I was about to seriously ream the dealer for having been careless and selling me a ProMaster with missing parts. Wow....that makes sense why they are so expensive, though. I had parts dept look them up. Yikes!

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm pretty sure the plastic splash shield is only on the passenger side because that's where the belts are. It's not going to do much good as a skid plate lol. A real skid plate that covered the oil and tranny would be very helpful.

·
Registered
309 Posts
If someone came up with an affordable skid plate here, I would be all in. I looked under the van the other day and it looks just so vulnerable even to tire shreds hitting underneath. We get tons of tire debris on our roadways. ( ...and ladders, mattresses, cinderblocks, large bolts, angle irons, tie downs, pipes, drywall, and yes, birdcages too!)

·
Premium Member
8,057 Posts
MesaAZGuy
You live in one of the best areas in the country to get a custom guard built. I bought custom off-road bumpers from a company in Chandler and got power coating done nearby too. One possibility would be to volunteer your van to be the test rig to design one and get a free/discount prototype for your donation.

·
Registered
309 Posts
The only shop I know of that might be willing to do it is Dynocomp in Scottsdale. You are right about fabricators. Unfortunately, everyone seems overloaded with work to bother. I may bust out my welder and play. I have plenty of powder coat shops that are super affordable in the area. I made a trailer hitch for my little bobcat to tow a small trailer along with my chipper shredder around the yard. Good for the tanker sprayer too. I had to make a custom hitch insert with an angle since the platform is tilted.

IMG_2089 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr

IMG_2087 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr

41 - 53 of 53 Posts