Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a promaster yet, but the plan is to buy a 136in wheel base and convert to a basic camper. My wife doesn't want to buy a van without a pretty solid floorplan. I drew one up on paper but she wants to see something a little bit more finished than a drawing on a piece of paper. I'm new to sketchup so I'll be learning as I go, but I was wondering if anyone had an interior model of the 136in high roof for a starting point with accurate internal dimensions. Thanks!

Matt

·
Super Moderator
10,172 Posts
There are a few that have been posted here in the past. They should show up when you use the "Search" button.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are a few that have been posted here in the past. They should show up when you use the "Search" button.
I didn't come up with a blank template, only a complete build which was hard to work from.

There may be one in the Floorplans thread. There is a reasonable template on the Sportsmobile forum.
I've did my base floorplan hand drawn on the sportsmobile but am looking to refine it with a 3d model.

LINK! ... to the aforementioned Floorplans thread

http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53962
Thanks, maybe I'll post in there to see if someone has a blank canvas 136 I could work from.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have been working on various layouts on high roof 136" base in SketchUp. Feel free to use the following file as you want.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhHjLn4vq-xrk9pJr-h-J3rsMN9FNQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In that model how wide is your bed? I'd really like to get a 136 but need my bed to be wide enough that I can put my bikes under it. If I could have this layout and my bikes fit underneath I think the 136 would be good.

Josh

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,172 Posts
Go for the 159! Don't cheat yourself out of two feet of very valuable, useable real estate for $2000 (retail) it's a no-brainer IMHO ;)

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In that model how wide is your bed? I'd really like to get a 136 but need my bed to be wide enough that I can put my bikes under it. If I could have this layout and my bikes fit underneath I think the 136 would be good.

Josh

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
I've been toying with this design since he posted it. He designed it to be 60 inches wide so you should be able to put your bikes under:

Reactions: Josh Cissell

·
Registered
734 Posts
Go for the 159! Don't cheat yourself out of two feet of very valuable, useable real estate for $2000 (retail) it's a no-brainer IMHO ;)
There are a few perks for the 136. 1st My HOA may not give me grief being it is a little smaller and more van like. My wife would feel more comfortable driving it as well.

Since the bed in that layout is 60 inches, I'll buy whichever I get the best deal on.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,172 Posts
There are a few perks for the 136. 1st My HOA may not give me grief being it is a little smaller and more van like. My wife would feel more comfortable driving it as well.

Since the bed in that layout is 60 inches, I'll buy whichever I get the best deal on.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Your HOA is probably the greatest hurdle. As for your wife driving it she most likely wouldn't even notice the difference after a week but she sure would love the extra room ;)

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Our bed is 54” wide and although we have a queen in the house it has proven to be ample. I think lots of DIY converters have put in 48” beds and are ok as well. The wife has driven mine once just to say she did. She thinks our little Suzuki is as big as she can drive!

Reactions: Josh Cissell

·
Registered
12 Posts
I specifically designed this layout so that 2 mountain bikes fits under the bed as well as surf boards and kitesurfing gear. In order to save space on the width of the storage space, I staggered the bikes so that the paddle do not hit each other. As a result, the back tire of one of the bikes extends 5" beyond the bed into the galley. The bench in front of the bed is connected with under bed storage so that I can put long stuff like skis and surfboards. Here is a picture of the under bed storage.

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Our bed is 54” wide and although we have a queen in the house it has proven to be ample. I think lots of DIY converters have put in 48” beds and are ok as well. The wife has driven mine once just to say she did. She thinks our little Suzuki is as big as she can drive!
We slept on a full mattress until 2 years ago and my wife even said that last time we were visiting parents she kind of liked being back in a full. Our sleeping pads are 24" each which in the backpacking world are huge. We sleep perfectly fine on them in our tent or the back of the Subaru. Most backpacking pads are 20". If I buy a new one I'll go back to 20". So with that being said, a full is 53" so that's what I would go with if the bike can fit under it. My bike is 57" and my wife's is 53" so it looks like the platform may have to be 60" or really close to it. Do you think the extra 6 inches will eat into my living space too much on the 136?

I specifically designed this layout so that 2 mountain bikes fits under the bed as well as surf boards and kitesurfing gear. In order to save space on the width of the storage space, I staggered the bikes so that the paddle do not hit each other. As a result, the back tire of one of the bikes extends 5" beyond the bed into the galley. The bench in front of the bed is connected with under bed storage so that I can put long stuff like skis and surfboards. Here is a picture of the under bed storage. Thanks do you have a picture of the bench in the front?

Do you have a picture of the bench?

Your HOA is probably the greatest hurdle. As for your wife driving it she most likely wouldn't even notice the difference after a week but she sure would love the extra room ;)
The 159 does drive nicely.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts