Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was searching for my van I wanted the biggest, baddest one in the parking lot. Keyword "parking lot". I researched parking a little bit and found that parking is restricted on a lot of streets to 20' and under and my 159" is at 19'-8, says the specs. I went to the beach and was able to legally park by a sign that said, "No vehicles over 20' allowed" and saw no parking there for longer vehicles.
Just thought I'd put this out for those considering the 14 inches more that you get with the 159" extended.

Reactions: Swoop

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,751 Posts
City of Key West has 20' restriction also. (on any street over which the city exercises parking jurisdiction)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Also, for your own CONVENIENCE it really makes parking easier if your vehicle is not over 20'.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Also, for your own CONVENIENCE it really makes parking easier if your vehicle is not over 20'.
Depends on where you're parking. I've had no problems parking BoB in various places, and he's a 3500 Extended. Parking lots, pull throughs, back-ins, and have even parallel parked it into a marked space.

That said, I would love to see what a lil' 118" gasser would be like for daily driving.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,748 Posts
20' or less is also a parameter that many commercial campgrounds use to determine the daily fee. Many state parks in CT offer spaces designated for 20' or less.

My 159 is a perfect fit with my design needs inside (back dressing area/toilet area in the back), and fits into parking spaces that I didn't think it would!

Ed

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,194 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts