Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dauphin Island AL, mid morning and a thunderstorm is over us. For the first time since I tested it I have us plugged in to the campground power and am using their WIFI. All is good. We have stayed in exactly two private campgrounds in 8 months part time RVing, this being the second. When I put in the 110v converter I wondered if it would ever be usefull and now I am glad I did.

On Dauphin there is NO PLACE TO COYOTE CAMP so we had to. It isn't great here under the trees and in the rain. My solar is putting out NADA so plugging in is the thing to do. I drove out to go for a cinnimon roll and coffee with the Missus but that wasn't going to keep the frig. and fan going forever.

Here is the other end of the island, waves and houses on stilts.

Attachments

·
Registered
625 Posts
Bigger batteries, bigger panels. ;) I probably won't get anything under trees, but sure do get plenty on overcast days.

·
Super Moderator
10,478 Posts
Dauphin Island AL, mid morning and a thunderstorm is over us. For the first time since I tested it I have us plugged in to the campground power and am using their WIFI. All is good. We have stayed in exactly two private campgrounds in 8 months part time RVing, this being the second. When I put in the 110v converter I wondered if it would ever be usefull and now I am glad I did.

On Dauphin there is NO PLACE TO COYOTE CAMP so we had to. It isn't great here under the trees and in the rain. My solar is putting out NADA so plugging in is the thing to do. I drove out to go for a cinnimon roll and coffee with the Missus but that wasn't going to keep the frig. and fan going forever.

Here is the other end of the island, waves and houses on stilts.
Sounds nice RD but does your inverter run your microwave? ;)

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,677 Posts
Sitting under trees in the rain is one thing I'm looking forward to. Couple years ago we were car camping with backpacking tent--worst of both worlds--at Mt. Washington. After we had successfully climbed the mountain in great weather, 3 days of rain set in. We ended up in a motel room and I vowed that next time I would be ready.

·
Super Moderator
10,478 Posts
It's not unusual for hikers to get lost or stranded on Mt. Washington, particularly in winter. Every few years someone disappears and isn't discovered till the snow melts in June. The weather is very variable there.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,677 Posts
A guy died the evening before we climbed. Darwin in action--the idiot left the trail and walked out onto a wet, moss-covered ledge to get water from a stream that had just crossed the trail a few feet back. The rescue team was rehashing when we were there.

RD, I have to confess I'm smiling at the thought of RD plugged in in the rain. Enjoy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts