Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have enjoyed the SatelliteXM radio service that came free for a year with my new PM. However, when the annual renewal for $241 came due, I decided I didn't enjoy it that much-- especially since I can stream podcasts and music through the speakers from my iphone. So I called them up and asked to cancel. They scurried around and reduced the annual fee to $106.

Lesson learned is to call and cancel if you want to keep Satellite Radio. Bugs me that they make us play this game.

·
Super Moderator
10,123 Posts
Wow, some discount! Personally I'd pay no more than $5 a month for sat radio (but I'm an extremely cheap SOB) ;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
I called to cancel and refused the first 2 offers and finally accepted $30 for 6 months. When it came up again, I again refused the first 2 offers and then accepted $25 for 5 months. So $5/month seems to be about right. Maybe next time I will only get a 4 month offer. I think they are hoping I will forget to cancel and end up paying the full price.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Sirius billing is very sleazy. I've had them for years. After so many billing errors and calls to correct over charges, I had to remove my credit card and auto payments.

I switched to paper billing and one year deals like you got. Then when the year was up, I'd wait for the prices on new bills to drop. They bombarded me with bills, each time with lower and lower offers.

Today I no longer fight them. I'm giving my money to Apple Music because they offer a family plan.

Sirius stinks for charging extra for every radio you own, plus phone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts