Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Promaster 2500 Cargo 159WB High Roof - Gas
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping for some advice on how to fix this issue. The Sirius XM has worked great since buying my Promaster but a few days ago it switched to "acquiring signal" or "contact dealer". I have tried refreshing via Sirius XM and nothing is working. It just happened out of the blue. One minute it was working, the next it was not. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
No experience, but maybe the annual subscription has expired, or has been terminated by the previous owner?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried that. Have 3 months left on my trial and also started billing with my credit card. No luck. I am the original owner of the vehicle.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do however I moved 3 hours away from the dealer I purchased it from and was hoping others might be able to shed some light. Apparently this is an issue with Promasters as I have been finding other topics online.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
If it's considered warranty work, it you aren't restricted to the purchasing dealer. You can take it to a closer dealer, if there is one. Just be aware, if it's like Canada, some FCA dealers aren't authorized to work on PMs. That said, friendly service managers may still be willing to answer Sirius XM questions on the phone, since many other FCA vehicles have it. Good luck!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Our original radio developed several problems. After being on a couple of times with the ignition off, it would say "Code Error - Please Wait" and then never come on. Turning the ignitionon on would clear the code. The "Aquiring Signal" error occured from time to time as well. The next time you started the van after it sat for 20 minutes the error would go away but return from time to time. The first two times to the dealer they could not replicate either one.

Finally the radio started just shutting off after 4 minutes of running. This was fantastic because it did it every time - even at the dealer.

The radio was replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It started working again today out of the blue but I am not confident that there isn't a bigger issue. The day it began I was also not able to connect via bluetooth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts