Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of a 2016 Promaster. I'm trying to get the XM radio function and when I follow the instructions in the manual ... there's supposed to be a "SXM" button on the touch screen but it's not there. I called my dealer and NOW they are telling me that XM is not included, even though on the RAM website it clearly states that it is part of the U-Connect 5.0 system .

Any thoughts or advice appreciated.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Same here, now it is not included. Where did you see that is included? Only thing I have seen is it may be included.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the ramtrucks.com webite .. .

this page

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/ram_promaster/interior/

it clearly says it's part of the U-Connect 5. system ... am I somehow misinterpreting it? Here it is cut and pasted below....

The Command Center

The available Uconnect® 5.0 NAV features a 5-inch touchscreen, Voice Command, Hands-Free Calling+, Bluetooth® Streaming Audio, SiriusXM® Satellite Radio+, an integrated ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera+, available Navigation and more, making your Ram ProMaster® an office on the move.

·
Super Moderator
10,528 Posts
You have to have the sat radio module. It's just not there unless it was ordered. The fact that it doesn't show up indicates you do not have it - the dealer is correct for a change, it is not standard even with the uConnect 5.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sirius XM is $195 option includes 1 year subscription (it would be listed on your window sticker).. Not easily added unless you get some type of aftermarket unit from what I have heard..

·
Registered
888 Posts
You should be able to add it.

I've added it to a Nissan and Toyota. The radios on both trucks only needed factory Sirius module mounted and plugged in. Bought them at dealer parts counter. Wires were already in vehicles. Even antenna was there.

Also added it another truck I owned. Bought module from Crutchfield that plugged into factory radio.

·
Registered
167 Posts
One problem with the Sirius unit that is the optional install in the Promaster - unless they have changed something for the new year, it doesn't have Nav or traffic features most other Sirius units have. It cannot be exchanged for a full function unit.

Don't ask me how I found this out... :-(

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,480 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have no idea why my posts are not getting posted ....then 3 of them all show up at once ... I deleted one and the other 2 disappeared . I reposted and the original 2 posts reappeared. This forum software has very strange behavior.

·
Registered
174 Posts
At least the sat/nav antenna and the wire is pre-installed on the PM, it is the blue fakra connector. The white fakra is the am/fm connection. This makes it super easy to install with an aftermarket headunit. This link shows that connection: https://goo.gl/photos/FU7xgLak8GyrpEw37 - hopefully the google photo link works. If it doesnt let me know and I can repost.

I dont think you can just buy the same Sirius tuner I purchased and just plug it into the UC-5.0 though. I think the dealer would have to reprogram it. Also, be careful what Crutchfield and some other sites say about the connections needed, some information is wrong.

All the more reason to dump the UC-5.0 and throw in an aftermarket one with the Maestro unit. More flexibility with them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
So long as you have that blue fakra connector and the antenna already in your van. Your antenna, slim black and square shaped, should be on the driver side of the roof right above your head. If those are both there you should be good in terms of having the appropriate devices. I have no idea how to activate the tuner though. Maybe they will do it, $$, when you buy the $195 module?

I actually asked my dealer after I bought it, because my van came with a 1 year free subscription but no tuner...?? They told me you have to buy it in the radio, which I thought was a crock. However I dont have to worry about that stuff anymore because the Pioneer unit I installed is way better.

The XM tunner and antenna for aftermarket stereos is $36 on amazon:SiriusXM-SXV300v1-Connect-Vehicle-Satellite but I doubt that will work with the UC5.0. The $195 that was mentioned earlier in the thread seems outrageous! Unless it also gives you GPS access, which I highly doubt that one.

Good luck!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks ...well my SiriusXM Antennae is definitely there. I'm not going to yank apart the dash but I'll bet the connector is there. I have u-connect with the SatNav . I called 2 dealers today , both of them barely knew what I was talking about. does anybody know who to call at Chrysler maybe so I can find out for sure. Again , the dealers ...basically clueless as were most of the commercial department salesman" that I dealt with when TRYING to buy my van.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts