Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one bought a awning for there promaster? I would like one for the side of mine but cant seem to locate any info. I have a ext 3500

·
Registered
358 Posts
Has any one bought a awning for there promaster? I would like one for the side of mine but cant seem to locate any info. I have a ext 3500

From EuroCampers - same one that uncubed has ordered.

My PM is the 159wb 2500

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Uncubed what sized van do you have?
Same as Steve's 159" non ext.
I was talking with eurocamper and the clips that go on to the body come with
the awning, so no need to order them. You will need the brackets though.
(the small ones).

·
Registered
259 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have the Bus Depot awnings been put to the Burning Man test? I had a lightweight fly on my Vanagon camper that had poles and/or tie-downs that were similar. The high winds whipped that awning silly - I had to take it down several times (sometimes in the middle of the night.)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey there! Curious if you've used this much, also how do you attach it with the van roof being so high? And one more question if you'll be so kind - what happens when it's raining? It seems like water would run off the sides and then right into the sliding door if you had it open.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So the 12' awning for the 159" wheelbase is the best fit? It seems like it may overhang a little bit. Is this not the case? I would love to have the 12'er, to maximize, but the posts on the roof are at 10'-6", and it seems like an 11' awning would fit best. But please tell me I'm wrong and the 12' works perfectly on the 159" wheelbase (non-ext)

·
Registered
654 Posts
So the 12' awning for the 159" wheelbase is the best fit? It seems like it may overhang a little bit. Is this not the case? I would love to have the 12'er, to maximize, but the posts on the roof are at 10'-6", and it seems like an 11' awning would fit best. But please tell me I'm wrong and the 12' works perfectly on the 159" wheelbase (non-ext)
Fiamma UK recommend both sizes for the 159" (4035mm wb)
http://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/fiamma-f65-s-awning-titanium.html
Size Recommendations for F65 Ducato, Boxer, Jumper Motorhomes
After 06/2006, high roof:
F65 S 320 = Vehicle length 5416 mm (wheel base 3450 mm).
F65 S 370 = Vehicle length 5998 mm (wheel base 4035 mm).
F65 S 400 = Vehicle length 6363 mm (wheel base 4035 mm).

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Yes the 12 foot one fits perfect (no overhang). This on my 159" Non ext.:).

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
There's also this non-permanent (and less costly) solution:

http://www.busdepot.com/details/awning/
Thanks much for posting. Will second that's great link/information. Not for everyone but looks to have many advantages.

I like that it's not visible when not in use so it doesn't make van look more like a camper -- I like stealth look. Lower weight and no wind noise while driving are nice too.

I especially like that it can be erected separate from van when needed. At the last site I stayed at Lake Lanier an awning next to van would have been useless. On the other hand 25 feet behind van was perfect for a stand alone canopy.

Permanent awnings are great in their own way, but also have limitations. One I ran into a couple of times with RV was not being able to open it because wooded site didn't have enough space between trees for the long awning.

At that price I may try one on my existing van. The small pack size requiring little storage makes it worth trying it just as a test.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts