Ram Promaster Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would love to put the 3M UV/heat block film on my windshield, but it’s expensive and we are on our third windshield.
I used 3M Crystalline 90 (looks clear) on my windshield & side windows up front and 3M's Thinsulate 75 Window Film Climate Control on all the windows in the rear. The Thinsulate product was designed for older houses with single pane windows and is supposed to give double pane performance. I've also had skin cancer in the past so it seemed like a good idea.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
I have Systemic Lupus, so am very conscious of UV exposure. I bought a meter that tells me I am safe in the van with no coverings. It’s the 3M Crystalline 90 Id like to have for the windshield but it is $$$ for something that could get destroyed on our next trip.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Same here with tint on the windshield. I had those almost clear tint install on my civic windshield, it made a huge difference in interior temp. But unfortunately i cause a cracked in the windshield shortly after. I paid 250 for all the windows tinted but when I called back for re-tinting just the windshield, the guy want $200 so no deal. I currently have a cracked on my van windshield so I can't justify tinting it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the info. We did put a deposit down on the '18, but need to wait until September 2 for them to fulfill the recall - the transmission shifter cable needs to be replaced. Supposedly, there supply is low so Chrysler is doling out the cables one a week to each dealership! We're getting antsy, and are looking at 2019s (new) to see whether we could get a deal there and get the van sooner rather than later. If we end up getting a 2019, we'll be on the lookout for the gas shutoff problem.
I just called the dealer to check on the waitlist for this and he said they are shipping up to 6 a week now and they are caught up on their contract fleets so I get mine done next week! A few weeks earlier than they quoted-glad I called. Mine is a 2019.

·
Registered
2019 1500 136" LR - "Van o' White"
80 Posts
I just called the dealer to check on the waitlist for this and he said they are shipping up to 6 a week now and they are caught up on their contract fleets so I get mine done next week! A few weeks earlier than they quoted-glad I called. Mine is a 2019.
Thanks! We decided to go with a new 2019 that ended just a little more money with better options and fewer miles.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts