Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
I like the fit and finish. Especially on the rounded aluminum extrusions on the overheads. Wonder where I can find material like that more reasonably than the 80/20 alternate universe.

Reminds me of a nicer version of a lesser Hymer/RoadTrek model I saw at an RV dealer last year that had the refrigerator in the same location. Can’t recall the model name and I never saw it on their site.

·
Super Moderator
10,528 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
I’m assuming the title for this thread should be Slick and not Sick? Unfortunately thread titles cannot be edited:(

A great layout however - thanks for the link.
KOV, you're showing your age!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hah! No it was meant to be sick! :)

I think that is the best looking exterior I've seen. I think the interior layout is nice too. I'm pretty sure that's a 136. If I built another van that's the layout I'd go with. Not sure I would put a bathroom in it but an extra seat would be nice

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts

I think that is the best looking exterior I've seen. I think the interior layout is nice too. I'm pretty sure that's a 136. If I built another van that's the layout I'd go with. Not sure I would put a bathroom in it but an extra seat would be nice

I agree, for a 136 this layout with no bathroom walls (cassette toilet under seating) is ideal for spending lots of time in the van. Good gear storage and access under the bed, decent booth seating. Eliminating the bathroom walls would make it feel much roomier inside and give a little more flexibility to the floorplan.

·
Super Moderator
10,528 Posts

I stand corrected ;) Sick it is!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,688 Posts
I thought he'd wrecked his van.

Before you guys drool too much, note that it contains sturdy particle board with vinyl wallpaper. We can do better. I do like the exterior color, though. It could almost lure me from white.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Wow they would sell a lot of those down here in SoCal. Just the name alone would take the 4x4 sprinter soccer moms away from MB.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
i guess my mental age is a happy youthful one? I figured right away there must be some bad a $ $ rig on the other side : )

They are head turners, though, i must say, the "Head Turner" thingy is the number one reason we are going stealth on our Van2. Having peeps follow our Van1 into parking lots or visit in camp got old about three seasons ago.

Thom

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'd like to do mine like that but minus the front seating and dinette. It'd be for just the two of us. I prefer to cook outdoors too as with no exhaust, cooking residue can muck up an interior, Just a table to set a stove on to boil water for coffee when its raining is fine.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
That is the typical Euro layout. Dinette up front, bathroom mid cabin and raised bed in the rear. Hymer makes the Ayers Rock that looks identical to this. They don't sell in the US. Before I bought the backroader, I was thinking this exact layout, only without the bathroom. I was going to have another countertop with a cassette toilet underneath, or a fold up counter with a shower and bath under. Having the large knock out bathroom right in the middle really makes the 136 feel cramped.

·
Registered
399 Posts
... I do like the exterior color, though...
Not just the color, but the low sheen look in general. It goes well with the flat bumpers and side molding. I'd like to see it in person.

I thought I wanted something other than white, but I saw a shiny granite crystal PM the other day in "photogenic" sunlight. I was disappointed how the metallic color just called attention to the general panel waviness (it looked like the metal was puckered along the top of the slider channel where fasteners were installed) and the mediocre panel fit and caulking. It would probably be the same with the other metallic colors. Maybe a white van with some grey accent to match the bumpers, such as from belt-line down to rockers, followed by a low sheen clear coat from the roof down might get rid of the white service van look.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any ideas where the table disappears to in some of those photos? It looks like the leg is hinged, and (maybe??) there's a rail along the wall for it to rest on as well.

Is there some way that the area of the dinette becomes a 1-person bed?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts