Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like it's time for a shower thread. If you have a method, please post at least a link here so folk can find it easier. 159's are easier, but 136' usually requires literally thinking "outside the box."

Last fall in the desert, I set up a pop-up toilet tent, heated water in a solar shower bag, poured it into my basin, and used a USB-powered pump with spray nozzle. The shower part was great, but the trip to-from the tent was not. I am too sun-sensitive. Next year, I will make "walls" for my awning and shower just outside the slider.

For a convenient, quick-dry mat to stand on, buy the kitty litter mat shaped like a cat print. Cut the toes off and use the foot pad part. I also use this mat in public showers.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
I toyed with building a shower stall between the two opened rear doors. Open them 90º, install a pre-made and folded opaque curtain with curtain rod and velcro to keep everything in place across the back that hangs down to the ground, put out (MsNomer’s kittty) mat, heat some water on your butane stove and put it in a 5 gal bucket add cool water to comfort and pump it up to a shower head with one of the many shower kits like one of these. https://www.amazon.com/SODIAL-Porta...1482859371&sr=8-7&keywords=RV+shower+kit+pump
Everything but the rod (tarp pole?) stores in the bucket and there are soft sided buckets.

Reactions: KeepMeMoving

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curtain doesn't need to go to the ground. Just enough to cover the important parts. You probably should also protect the bed. Unfortunately, I'd also need a "roof," which is why I'm looking at the slider.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,268 Posts
Do it inside, use a mortar mixing tub or a round tub, circular shower curtain rod connected to the ceiling, if you have a place to store the tub.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Adding to Gary's list: https://www.simple-shower.com

Somewhat like the clothes sprinkler my Mom used before there were steam irons. Screws onto soda bottles. For primitive camping I carry two 2-liter bottles. Boil 2 quarts water. Add one quart to each.Top off with room temp water. One to wash down. Switch top, One to rinse. Awkward for some with one hand holding bottle, one hand soaping or rinsing, but cheap and simple solution for outside shower. More efficient and easier if you have someone to hold bottle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Exercise collapsible hulla hoop, 2 shower curtains and rings, bucket just big
enough to stand in. I have a 6 gallon water container with 12v pump and long
sink spray hose. No drain, just dump container. Store hoop and other parts in
container when not in use. Sets up in a couple minutes. Hot water is the only
problem. Double click on pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Be a good place to Wash the First Gear- ATGATT

·
Registered
117 Posts
Be a good place to Wash the First Gear- ATGATT
Just ride into a self serve carwash, hose off the bike, hose off yourself ( easier if you have a riding buddy spray you down) ride away for the forced air dry cycle. ;)

·
Registered
2014 3500ext Gas - VA
250 Posts
Two Many Showers

3500 ext is the way to go when you want luxuries like an indoor shower... and an outdoor shower.
https://vancave.wordpress.com/cargo-van-overview/cargo-van-plumbing/

I looked at alternate/temporary indoor solutions similar to those on GaryBIS's site but knew my end users wouldn't be satisfied with a temporary shower.

I'm anxiously awaiting to see some of the side van shower ideas that I can borrow... my indoor shower is a bit cramped so I can envision moving the full cleanup outside when weather permits.

My outdoor shower is located just aft of the right side sliding door. I'm in the process of designing and building a DIY 10' x 12' awning resembling those found on ARBUSA.com... but adapted to the Promasters height and length. Once the awning is complete, I plan to add mosquito netting and possibly a privacy curtain for the outdoor shower... I'm still in the planning phases so MsNomer thank you, your timing for this shower thread is perfect!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
1. The newest rv Pilot loyalty card gives you a 1/2 shower per fillup of over 14 gallons of gasoline. So every other fillup you can shower.

2. I joined Planet Fitness, the largest national gym chain so far as I know. . For $21/mo, you work out, shower all you want, tanning, massage chairs, and a few other minor perks. The $21 gives unlimited access, and they are 24hrs and pretty much everywhere.

3. If you must shower in the van, just a bucket of water and a sponge might be better than a running drizzle. All that really needs done is the armpits, crotch, and face. I have had good luck with baby wipes - you'd be surprised at how well baby wipes get the job done.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
^^^ and Feet!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I also find Extra Large Pre-Moistened Disposable Washcloths 12 inches by 8 inches Assurance brand from Walmart very useful. They are larger/thicker than many baby wipes and have more moisture/less chemicals.

·
Registered
351 Posts
MsNomer, did you ever figure out how to fold up that shower room???

:)

1 - 20 of 88 Posts