Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I am about to get a 2017 Promaster to use for carrying tools for my handyman business.

I am wondering if I need to insulate the inside? I am planning on getting a partition with a door and air vents.

I see PM’s on the car lots with bare metal and also with what looks like a hard plastic lining on the inside.

I live in Western Washington where it rains a lot in the winter and temperatures usually range between 35 and 55 degrees in the winter.

Do I have to worry about condensation?

And if so, please give me some insulation suggestions.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,148 Posts
Andy, you don't seem to think our suggestions are very handy so I'm not sure if we should make suggestions. You seem to know in advance what you need and want already!

Now, personally, I wouldn't leave out the insulation but then again I wouldn't even consider buying a 118 low roof for a work van or anything else, for that matter.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,253 Posts
You are only going get condensation if you are in the van with the doors closed and the engine off, or the heater in recirc mode.

If it's a work van protect the metal skin from getting dented.

No reason to insulate if you are not in it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Andy, you don't seem to think our suggestions are very handy so I'm not sure if we should make suggestions. You seem to know in advance what you need and want already!

Now, personally, I wouldn't leave out the insulation but then again I wouldn't even consider buying a 118 low roof for a work van or anything else, for that matter.
Whoa KOV, take a chill pill! It's Christmas!

Andy, the advantage to insulation would be a quieter ride on the road and more comfort when working out of summer and winter are the main ones I can think of.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,253 Posts
If it's a rolling toolbox just insulate the partition for sound and comfort.

·
Super Moderator
10,148 Posts
It’s kinda frustrating when people who know nothing ask for advice and then disregard it because, all of a sudden, they have all the answers! Maybe Santa will bring Andy some insight into how he can work more efficiently and better, I hope so because I give up!

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I know KOV’s frustration, Christmas or not. The OP is not the only "ask and ignore" here. There is a huge basis of expertise on our forum and to ask should mean there is a willingness to use it. Otherwise the help goes away for us all.

Frustration is hard to hide after a while. It is the season to enjoy. Lets move on- the point is made and I hope well taken. I guess I’ll go have a highly doctored eggnog and hope for a few good-boy presents.

Reactions: keeponvaning
1 - 8 of 8 Posts