Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my subfloor is going to be 1" polyisocyanurate insulation and 3/4 ply. My plan was to install it in three sections and bolt it down using two tie downs per section. But I mistakenly cut my insulation and ply from the back and moved toward the front. This resulted in the front most sections of insulation and plywood being very narrow and 3" away from the nearest tie down points. So my question is should I get another sheet of plywood to get it right or should I keep the same plywood and just attach the piece with no tie down options with self tapping screws or something similar?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just bolt em through the floor. No reason to necessarily use the factory tie down holes. Drill the holes from under with a small pilot to make sure you miss any protrusions/structures, drill down from above for a bolt clearance hole. Stainless hardware and a nylock and you’re in business.

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,074 Posts
Hi,
You could just glue down the 3 inch part with Great Stuff.
My whole floor is glued down with Great Stuff and no fasteners and its be fine through 3 years and 51K miles.
http://www.buildagreenrv.com/our-conversion/our-conversion-flooring/

Alternatively, if you have a biscuit jointer, you could splice the 3 inch piece to the longer piece.

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts