Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove 200 miles up the eastern shore to meet some friends in Denton MD to camp this weekend. PM ran like a top. 22.6 mpg average for the trip. Great box to sleep in! Kinda cold Friday night in mid 30's. Saturday night was better in the 40s. No heat or even a hook up there! But very happy with the van. Calling it a VW Camper that works is a great way to describe it.

Reactions: Josh Cissell

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a small radiant heater. But need a 110 hook up to run it. No Mr Buddy heater yet. I'm not happy with the horizontal Murphy bed I made. The 8" thick foam and cotton futon mattress is great though. I'll convert what I built into a pull out slat framed bed. Make it more like a futon. No spare body this weekend for warmth. My wife has always been like a wonderful female furnace. But she stayed home as she had to run a funeral this weekend at church. I missed her! I'll get a pic of the Murphy bed before I remove it for y'all. Then you can learn from my mistake.

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Ouch! We all have learned. Ms RD and I have switched sides of the bed as I am always up earlier in the morning and we have the pull out bed across the back and so the rear sleeper is trapped. It is rumored KOV is converting to a bunk bed set along the side like the Backroader. Short of a complete remodel we are better off to have built it ourselves so we know what is involved in renovations. My one trip solo with the collapsible bed as a single was great...... except I missed the companionship.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,980 Posts
Oh, that's too funny. Not happening here.

MrNomer has always slept in the "trapped" position by the rear door because it's the side of the bed he's always slept on. I've never minded him crawling over. I am getting a bit jealous, though, because he gets more breeze and the better view out the rear. Since I'm the one with hot flashes, I'm contemplating a switch.

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
We did just that and since I don't get those flashes it seems to be working. After 48 years of a certain orientation it’s amazing we have managed the switch. If it hadn’t worked we could have put the pillows on the other side of the van and accomplished the same thing as our bed is symmetric side to side.

And no Ed, LOL, I don’t sleep dressed enough to wander around the van. Nothing like a lewdness accusation to ruin your trip.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL! Great responses! Thanks!

Since she was in college, it has been me sleeping in the trapped position if need be. I love being smooshed into her, so that is fine with me. ;-)

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
Ms..... I never said "Naked" just "I don’t sleep dressed enough to wander around the van” And most of those TMI’s are self criticisms, LOL. The meaning of lewd in this case would be “indecent” which at my age doesn't require Nude!

·
Super Moderator
10,877 Posts
Nothing more lewd than an old guy wandering around in a van at night trying to find the potty (dressed or nak'id) ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts