Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2019 136wh hr ProMaster, Tx
90 Posts
I like your access point for shore power. I tried it - removed the tail light assembly, the 4 torx screws (1 on top on my 2020 as well), but the panel is still held in place on the left side by something. Any trick to this that I missed? Thanks!
I didn't remove the taillight assembly, I just pulled it back to feed the cord through.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like your access point for shore power. I tried it - removed the tail light assembly, the 4 torx screws (1 on top on my 2020 as well), but the panel is still held in place on the left side by something. Any trick to this that I missed? Thanks!
I have a 2020 as well, and couldn't remove the panel tonight. There are two torx screws hidden on the left behind the panel that's just behind the wheel well. I got those screws off, as well as the two on the other side, and the one underneath. The panel seems to be held in place at the top, but I couldn't find where. Any chance you took some pictures of the screw on top that you found?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2020 as well, and couldn't remove the panel tonight. There are two torx screws hidden on the left behind the panel that's just behind the wheel well. I got those screws off, as well as the two on the other side, and the one underneath. The panel seems to be held in place at the top, but I couldn't find where. Any chance you took some pictures of the screw on top that you found?
I was just looking at my 2018 to see ways to remove the same panel. I believe I see a bolt at the top of the panel. To access it, I think one must remove the light assembly first.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was just looking at my 2018 to see ways to remove the same panel. I believe I see a bolt at the top of the panel. To access it, I think one must remove the light assembly first.
Thanks. I don't think I should go so far as to remove the light assembly. :confused:I have all I need to install my shore power inlet here, but I'm not sure I can do it without better access behind this panel. Might have to go to plan B and add a box to the exterior and below the wire access. Not sure right now how to attach, though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks. I don't think I should go so far as to remove the light assembly. :confused:I have all I need to install my shore power inlet here, but I'm not sure I can do it without better access behind this panel. Might have to go to plan B and add a box to the exterior and below the wire access. Not sure right now how to attach, though.
I understand. I think I can get the Marinco connector where Vanpedium did, just reaching up from below. Hopefully, anyway. I like how clean the install looks.

·
Registered
3500 159wb extended
11 Posts
We were able to install the shore power outlet below the rear lights by holding the nuts with a very long bent handle needle nose pliers while screwing from the front. We just removed the screws from the panel and bent the trim away from the metal by about two inches.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We were able to install the shore power outlet below the rear lights by holding the nuts with a very long bent handle needle nose pliers while screwing from the front. We just removed the screws from the panel and bent the trim away from the metal by about two inches.
Ahhhh, thanks. Somehow I was under the impression that everyone was removing the entire panel for this install. I can actually barely reach my hand all the way up from below, but wasn't sure if I could then feed in the backside of the inlet, screw on its wire clamp, then hold the nuts while screwing in the bolts from the outside.

·
Registered
3500 159wb extended
11 Posts
Ahhhh, thanks. Somehow I was under the impression that everyone was removing the entire panel for this install. I can actually barely reach my hand all the way up from below, but wasn't sure if I could then feed in the backside of the inlet, screw on its wire clamp, then hold the nuts while screwing in the bolts from the outside.
I connected the wires to the receptacle and tighten down the wire clamps and put on the back cover before I fed the entire assembly including the wire into the hole I drilled.
It definitely helps if two people do this, one to hold the nuts in the back and the other person to screw from the front.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I connected the wires to the receptacle and tighten down the wire clamps and put on the back cover before I fed the entire assembly including the wire into the hole I drilled.
It definitely helps if two people do this, one to hold the nuts in the back and the other person to screw from the front. View attachment 70454 View attachment 70455 View attachment 70458
Thanks for the detailed pics, they're helpful! Yeah, a lot of projects are easier with two people :) I'm going to have another look at this over the weekend.

·
Registered
3500 159wb extended
11 Posts
Thanks for the detailed pics, they're helpful! Yeah, a lot of projects are easier with two people :) I'm going to have another look at this over the weekend.
I added a photo a little bit higher in the thread showing the needle nose pliers that was very helpful. I think I bought it at Harbor freight.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I added a photo a little bit higher in the thread showing the needle nose pliers that was very helpful. I think I bought it at Harbor freight.
I see it, and can picture how that would work. I don't have anything like that, so a trip to HF might be in order for me this weekend.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts