Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In telecom - started many years ago with Nissan pickups, then Astro/Safari Vans, and now a mix of Express Vans and HHR cargos.

The particular Express Van I am driving is getting pretty ghetto looking. Sure is a workhorse though. I love the appeal of a shorter van that is more maneuverable around the city.

Have two or three local Portland (OR) options just wanting the dealer to throw in something for free so I can feel like I got a good deal. I hate the dealership experience and would never buy a new vehicle for myself, but there are tax reasons for me to get this done.

If the dealer comes though with one of these token options, I'll be a buyer soon.

Lower Side Wall Paneling - $195

Driver Suspension Seat - $225

Parksense Rear Park Assist System - $250

Security Alarm - $495
16 x 6.0 Aluminum Wheels - $395
Front and rear alloy wheels: 16" x 6.0"

Cargo Partition w/Sliding Window - $495

Remote start $475

·
Super Moderator
427 Posts
Burt - a word of caution about the cargo partition. Several people here have found that it inhibits the recline of the driver's seat and so not so comfortable.

Might check that out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Zwarte - thanks a lot.

I really am not a van of partitions anyway. Prefer a half-partition behind the driver or none at all. Being able to step from the front to the back is a big plus, especially in rainy Portland.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, got my silver 150 shorty Promaster. Sure drives nice. My 2003 Express is a workhorse, but this is like driving a sports car in comparison. (touchy brakes!)

So far I've got one-piece front mats, rear full rubber mat, roof rack, upgraded stereo speakers, tacky chrome caps (lol!), 35% window tint in back.

Debating aftermarket cruise control.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Burt,I am also in the market,to purchase a 136''low roof. The Promaster,is the perfect platform for me to make simple practical conversions for stealth boon docking,while primarily using it as my main mode of transportation. 13 years ago,I had a terrible experience with a dealership purchasing 1500 Dodge cargo van. I am now taking my time,looking online for exactly what I want from dealerships,all over the country. In the meantime,I am getting some good ideas from others,on this forum. I wish you luck,in your search. DAN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts