Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good are OEM? How long do they last? Would you replace with OEM or aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
8,719 Posts
Mine are good @ 80K and 5 years. I don’t drive in salt etc and use the van lightly loaded <600 lbs YMMY. When I replace I will look at Bilstein

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had one of my rear shocks start leaking at 10,000 miles. Warranty replaced. As they say, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
243 Posts
My PM is almost 5 years old now. Most of the vehicles weight is up front. I find the stock dampers to be just right. Firm, but well controlled and still comfortable. The rear rides like a buckboard wagon when not loaded. If I pull my 6x10 cargo trailer, it rides much better back there. To be fair, its a work vehicle and meant to carry some load. I am happy enough with the stock dampers, that when it does come time to replace them, I would go with factory components.

Reactions: RnR

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had a rear start leaking under 15,000 miles. Replaced both rears with Monroe's, as nothing else was available at the time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My new van is at 163K and I don't know the past history of the shocks (they appear to be the stock ones?), so I am currently replacing all 4 with the Bilstein B6 struts up front and shocks on the rear. I will report back with a review after I get some miles under her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts