Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'Service Transmission' warning sign comes up on and off ocasionally several times and CEL comes on. Took it to dealer and they just erased P0711 code and told me to wait and see. Nothing abnormal symptom. 2015 PMC cargo 3,000 miles on it. Anyone has experience?

·
Registered
211 Posts
'Service Transmission' warning sign comes up on and off ocasionally several times and CEL comes on. Took it to dealer and they just erased P0711 code and told me to wait and see. Nothing abnormal symptom. 2015 PMC cargo 3,000 miles on it. Anyone has experience?
I have close to 4k on my 2015 wagon,all is okay.

·
Registered
154 Posts
As long as it drives ok they probably won't do much. See TSB's below, it might help you, might not.

POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)

Date Reported
OCTOBER 01, 2015
NHTSA Reference
TSB Reference
#21-021-15 REV.B
Description: CHRYSLER 2015 JEEP CHEROKEE, CHRYSLER 200: INVOLVING UPDATED SOFTWARE AND REPROGRAMMING THE TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE DUE TO MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) ILLUMINATING. *LJ UPDATED 9/10/15. *PE UPDATED 9/18/15. *PE

POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

OCTOBER 07, 2015
NHTSA Reference
TSB Reference
#SB21-053-15
Description: 2015 JEEP CHEROKEE; CHRYSLER 200; JEEP RENEGADE; RAM PROMASTER CITY; 2016 FIAT 500X: ERRATIC TRANSMISSION SHIFT QUALITY MAY BE INDICATED *CN

·
Registered
211 Posts
As was already mentioned,when it's freezing temps outside,the trans is just a bit 'clunky' until warmed up.After that,it shifts as smooth as silk,up and down.Handles the mountain passes with ease with no 'hunting' for the right gear as some 6 speeds do.And going downhill on cruise control,it shifts down smoothly to maintain set speed,and does it very well.I'm very impressed with the smooth matchup with the 2.4 and the 9spd trans.They did it right,imho.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It runs okay. The transmission is doing overall fine except a little clunky on slow speed once in a while and stays on 3rd gear too long on uphill drive acceleration. I am not complaining about the performance though. it's a small engine car and doing just fine overall. I just don't want to be a unlucky one. I hope it goes away and never happen again. Otherwise reprogramming or replacing the sensor should solve the issue I think. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It runs okay. The transmission is doing overall fine except a little clunky on slow speed once in a while and stays on 3rd gear too long on uphill drive acceleration. I am not complaining about the performance though. it's a small engine car and doing just fine overall. I just don't want to be a unlucky one. I hope it goes away and never happen again. Otherwise reprogramming or replacing the sensor should solve the issue I think. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Mine did the same thing and its for 24,000kms on it. It stays in 3rd way to long sometimes. I feel like it needs a reprogram. I just got a new PMC SLT so i'll see if the transmission also acts up, its only got 1200kms on it and seems just fine for now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The dealer reprogrammed it and no more "service transmission" light but "service engine" light came up after 300 mile driving. It went out by itself after another 300 miles and came up after another 300 miles. I took it to the dealer they said it's the same code and erased it again.

After reprogramming my van acts different than before. The clunkys on parking lot speed and the longer stays on uphill are noticeably gone but subtle clunkys on rolling start are present. Overall it's much better than before though.

They damaged my passenger side door by one of the techs ran into it by mistake in their garage. They've ordered a new door to replace it. I hope they are able to fix the CEL when I take it in for the next time.

Another issue out of the topic is I have bad static noise from the left front speakers especially when I use Uconnect. The dealer said it's from the defective speakers and ordered it too.

I think I am the unlucky one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Despite there being a city in the name, I almost would prefer a CVT in the city over this 9spd. How many guys actually drive in major metropolitan areas with their PMC?
P.S
No such thing as a "defective speaker" when you change sources. What goes in must come out, in this case its the head unit thats causing your troubles.

·
Banned
66 Posts
Despite there being a city in the name, I almost would prefer a CVT in the city over this 9spd. How many guys actually drive in major metropolitan areas with their PMC?
P.S
No such thing as a "defective speaker" when you change sources. What goes in must come out, in this case its the head unit thats causing your troubles.
Our drivers do a lot of driving in the Chicago area. We now have over 90,000 miles on the four PMC's that we have, with the oldest having close to 50,000 miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're right. I took my van to the dealer today and now they said it's not the speakers. They want me to leave my van for a few days for the audio and CEL issues.

I can't believe that they can't do nothing with the CEL unless it's on.
They know it's P0711 and stored.

It's my work van with the set equipment. :crying:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts