Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting tired of the runaround on this darn van and its only been 2 months / 12k miles and I have already lost 8 days of use.

I have taken in my van 3 times for various issues and NOTHING has been fixed.

The latest round really has me pissed and I want to talk to someone at a regional / corporate level.... not sure who.

The latest trip to the dealer they had the van 6 days to address, loss of coolant, airbag warnings, transmission downshifting at hwy speeds without warning, and noisy bushings.

All week I had various conversations with my Adviser who stated they were "digging into it" He said they were "driving it all around town" trying to duplicate my concerns. Also stated that they were running a pressure test on the cooling system.

Well after picking the van up after hours yesterday and looking at the service report every line item says... cannot duplicate! What is there to duplicate on doors? They dont line up, didnt before dropping them off, still dont?

I understand they didnt have any transmission issues since "driving it all around town" clocked a total of 3 miles on the odometer

What I dont understand is the pressure test, Apparently after talking to the Tech that worked on my van he stated that they cannot even order the proper adapters for the PM yet to fit their pressure test system. He stated that they are supplied from Ram and they cannot even order it yet...

I am extremely annoyed currently and aside from the A$$ chewing the dealer is getting from their shoddy attempt. I want to contact someone from ram to have a conversation with about these issues.

Anyone know where to go? Aside from the customer care line.

Thanks and sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Have you checked the "Lemon Laws" in your state? It may not work at this point, but if they cannot solve the issues it may apply.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm going through the same thing about my mirrors, side door not opening easy, water leak around the cab lights and noisy bushings.

I spoke with the regular Chrysler line three times and the dealer hasn't called me in a while.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Corporate complaints

Not sure which region you are in but maybe this will help--he has answered some questions for me and has been fairly responsive. He can at least give you contact for your region:

Bob Lilly
Chrysler Fleet Operations
Denver Business Center
CO/NM/UT/WY
[email protected]
Office 303-793-8305
Cell 303-619-5185
Fax 303-793-8350

·
Registered
473 Posts
Chrysler support: 1 (800) 992-1997

They will open a case # and help get things ironed out. They helped me fix the missing heating button for the mirrors. The dealers aren't very knowledgable about new vehicles.

·
Registered
258 Posts
30 ounce- how long did It take for you to get any kind of action on the mirror issue?

It's been almost four months for me with no progress.

·
Registered
473 Posts
30 ounce- how long did It take for you to get any kind of action on the mirror issue?

It's been almost four months for me with no progress.
They called me a few days after I contacted them and then about a week later. It took about 4 weeks for them to verify what I needed, order the parts and coordinate a time with my schedule to get it done. They called me once a week to let me know they were still working on it. It was a little confusing as I would get a call from a different person who had a little info on what was going on and I would have to explain it all over.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info... Really need to call now new issue started today...

The brake pedal shifter lock starting to jam. I had to press the brake pedal 30+ times to get it to unlock so I could shift from park.

Was just about to pop out a screwdriver when it finally released.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Thanks for the info... Really need to call now new issue started today...

The brake pedal shifter lock starting to jam. I had to press the brake pedal 30+ times to get it to unlock so I could shift from park.

Was just about to pop out a screwdriver when it finally released.
That is not good! Were you parked on a hill without the parking brake applied? Has it happened again?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts