Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Service air bag warning light on, has anbody else had that happen? Seems like one problem after another lately with my van. I am hoping it's a glitch and it will go off soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mine came on recently. I took it to an independent shop .....they reset the fault code .....it didn't come back on .....done ......false code .....it's been a few weeks and still no problem .....who knows how much dealer would have charged me to "fix" the problem.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm about ready to go buy a scan tool so I can diagnose and reset these kinds of issues. I'm wondering what level of tool I need to buy to tell me what cylinder is misfiring. Most cheap scan tools don't get that specific in my experience.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Yes they do!
The code for a misfire will come up as P030X the X tells you which cylinder, unless you have a 10 or 12 cylinder van then it would be P03XX!

Perhaps get a phone app like torque or ODB Fusion (I like) and an ELM327 dongle like:
https://www.amazon.com/Scanner-Fose...id=1500117329&sr=8-3&keywords=ELM+odb+adapter
Get the low profile dongle and one with a switch and you can leave it in the ODB2 connector all the time and see what is happening as you drive too.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,492 Posts
Rd is correct they can give you a lot of info. I've been using "OBD Link" piroity software you need there dongle to use since 2003 and "OBD Fusion" it is the same and for $5 to $10 on the app stores plus the dongle of your choice. You may still need to look up the code on google for more info, with either app, but that is easy. Here's a link to a Diagnostics report using Fusion this was done when I had def tank problems.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...7OB5AexD32Wtq6IPxjkw7Lpw5s8/edit#gid=38444032

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I can't find any code stored for a misfire, active or pending. But I figured out the red wire inside the rubber boot for the drivers set belt broke. That was causing the service air bag and seat belt indicators to stay on. Soldered back together and all is well with the latest issue. Now if I could just get it to run smooth again all would be well in my universe.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
I have a 2019 3500 and the seatbelt and airbag light comes on and stays on EVERY time the van is started or after it is stopped while running and taken out of park or reverse and returns to normal forward driving. Additionally it beeps for about 3 minutes on all those occasions as well. I used my OBDII dongle and OBD fusion app on my iPhone and though it allows you to clear most codes, it won’t do that with this. They stay on and beep every time.

mayeb another OBDII reader will erase it, or
Maybe it won’t.

I’m still under warranty and will likely take it in, but if anyone knows how to erase it before then, it could just be a fluke and won’t return.

Please let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts