Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 with the 3.6L. I had a major oil leak, and when I took it in, the dealer replaced the oil filter adapter. It is a molded plastic part that sits on top of the engine in the valley of the V, under the intake manifold, and which contains the oil filter cartridge, the oil cooler and oil and coolant passages.
I did a LOT of research on the reliability of the 3.6L, and I had never heard of this happening. I thought it was ridiculous that a non load bearing part would crack, so I did some research. Sure enough, this is a brand new part for 2014, and there are dozens of people on various internet forums reporting the issue. The part is used on every 3.6L and apparently a l part like this is used on the Cherokee 3.2L, and 2014 Cherokee owners have reported the same issue.
This could be a very serious issue. If someone doesn't notice the leak, they could experience an engine fire or seized engine. At the very least, it causes a tow if it is a bad enough crack.

·
Super Moderator
9,245 Posts
this is a well known problem that has been discussed extensively on the forum but thank you for bringing it up again. In the mean time, as per forum rules,

Please be aware that all newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section

Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted as your introductory post helps other long time members when responding to you and also prevents spam.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts