Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I've been working on my build something that I've noticed is that parts for self building one's own camper seem to be much easier to obtain in the UK and Australia. There are literally dozens of companies in the UK that sell every part imaginable from cooktops to complete bathroom kits. Much of which is much cheaper than the equivalent available in the US, if you can find the item at all here. My question is why? The UK has a population 1/5 the size of the US why does self building appear to be so big there vs here?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,681 Posts
For one, this exact body has been available in Europe from 3 manufacturers since 2006.

For two, small living spaces are more the norm in Europe, thus more Class B's versus trailers, etc.

For three, COL can be very high in Europe, thus maybe more DIY, especially since there are older, cheaper vehicles available to those who can't afford a ready-built.

All this may add up to larger market for such.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Yes. Now try to get that stuff. I am so tired of trying to source Sportscraft lowered seat bases I have stopped sending messages, and yes I have seen posters say they had luck. Me not so much. I have decided China wins out as a single email to a big company through Alibaba got me a salesperson assigned to me who lead me through the process and delivered the product via DHL, Paypal payment and the whole process took 7 business days- from first contact to arrival at my door! EU and UK are doomed unless they wake up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts