Ram Promaster Forum banner

Seat Wiring Help Needed

4138 28
I swapped out my crew seat for single seat in my 2014 Promaster. Thanks to a five-year old post in the Promaster Forum I learned how to overcome the issue of the computer searching for an occupant in the middle seat and turning off the airbag system.
When I was pulling the big crew seat it fell over backwards and pulled the wiring out of one of the connectors under the door side of the seat. The pulled wires are orange, black and red/black. The connector is orange. The corresponding wires in the orange connector in the swapped seat are blue, brown and yellow/green. Obviously, they do not match.
I am hoping somebody will be willing to shine a light under their passenger seat, look at the orange connector and note the color and order of the incoming wires and the color and order of the wires attached to seat. For example, does the black wire enter in the same position in the connector as the brown wire exits?
The attached photos are of the pulled wires and the seat connector.
Thanks in advance.
Orange
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here is the wire photo
Wire Technology Plant Branch Electronic device

Please be aware that all newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section

Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted as your introductory post helps other long time members when responding to you and also prevents spam.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the wire photo View attachment 67846 View attachment 67846

Please be aware that all newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section

Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted as your introductory post helps other long time members when responding to you and also prevents spam.
Thanks, I will visit the forum rules and make an introductory post soon.

·
Registered
2017 136” HR
884 Posts
The other side looks like the photo you posted above, that’s why I didn’t send it, but here it is.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, it is good that it looks like my wires. I am so close. Just one more question. Which wire exits the connector opposite the blue wire in your second photo? That will give me the order the wires enter and exit the the connector. Thanks loads!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again. I was able to determine the wire orientations from your photos.
I wanted to wrap this post up for any future Promaster owner who has a broken connector. These are the matching wires (Incoming wires from the van's harness are listed first, the seat side wires are listed second):
Black - Yellow/Green
Red/Black - Brown
Orange - Blue

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks again. I was able to determine the wire orientations from your photos.
I wanted to wrap this post up for any future Promaster owner who has a broken connector. These are the matching wires (Incoming wires from the van's harness are listed first, the seat side wires are listed second):
Black - Yellow/Green
Red/Black - Brown
Orange - Blue
Also note the Red/Black - Brown is internally connected in the plug to the Orange - Blue. One of them is a communication wire.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Please be aware that all newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you mak
Do any of you know exactly what the wires in the orange connector are used for? I recently changed out my front seats in 2019 Promaster. I reconnected the yellow connector with no problem since it was all existing from the base. the new seat had no connection for the orange. I started the van and I received a check airbag system message so I am figuring it may have something to do with the orange wires

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do any of you know exactly what the wires in the orange connector are used for? I recently changed out my front seats in 2019 Promaster. I reconnected the yellow connector with no problem since it was all existing from the base. the new seat had no connection for the orange. I started the van and I received a check airbag system message so I am figuring it may have something to do with the orange wires
It’s for the side airbag sewn into the stock seat. The error code you are seeing has disabled your entire airbag system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Please be aware that all newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you mak
It’s for the side airbag sewn into the stock seat. The error code you are seeing has disabled your entire airbag system.
Thanks so much for the reply. Is there any way to correct this? I want to get the airbags up and working

·
Registered
12 Posts
Honestly it’s a nightmare I’m trying to work through. Basically Ram does not allow the sensor to be disabled or bypassed. Some have tried to install a 2.2ohm resistor to fool the computer thinking the airbag is installed. The problem is there is a communication wire in addition to the 2 airbag leads. I have not been able to bypass it after trying several resistor soldering options. One option is to install the airbag into your new seat but you would be on your own as I doubt a company would accept the liability of it. I’m debating returning my seats and going back to stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Honestly it’s a nightmare I’m trying to work through. Basically Ram does not allow the sensor to be disabled or bypassed. Some have tried to install a 2.2ohm resistor to fool the computer thinking the airbag is installed. The problem is there is a communication wire in addition to the 2 airbag leads. I have not been able to bypass it after trying several resistor soldering options. One option is to install the airbag into your new seat but you would be on your own as I doubt a company would accept the liability of it. I’m debating returning my seats and going back to stock.
Thanks again. ugh I just sold my stock seats for super cheap lol. If you come across a solution please let me know. I will do the same. Good luck man

·
Registered
8 Posts
What did you do about the occupancy sensor and seat belt receiver/sensors? I was able to bypass them but it took some soldering.
Is that the yellow connector? or is it a black connector? I have a feeling I may be in over my head lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
Thanks man! Where can I purchase this?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts