Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to swap my double pass seat for a single. Has anyone done this? Are there any airbag, seat belt or any other issues? To me it looks simple, but what the **** do I know.

I'd love to hear if anyone has done it. I would be amazed if Dodge built these in a way that the owner would not be able to swap seats if needed...

·
Registered
58 Posts
I`ve done it, bolts right up. The air bag sensor for the 3rd (middle) seat you`re eliminating will come up as an air bag warning when you start the van but, thats because theres nothing plugged into it. All the other connectors match up with the single seat.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not sure, you could probably get the other side of the plug and complete the connection for the eliminated air bag & stop the sensor from reading out on the dash but, it doesn't concern me enough to do it....

·
Registered
974 Posts
I took my single pass seat out entirely, and built a table/desk in it's place. Thus, none of the three pass seat connectors are plugged into anything. I get the dash warning at startup (service air bag system) and the amber airbag light is always lit.

Part of me want to figure out how to deal with the light, since it's nice to have the light working if there was actual trouble with the airbag system. But doing anything about it is low on my list of priorities.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,378 Posts
???? 3.3ohm resistor ?????
Do a lot of research for" aftermarket seats air bag light " all car makes. Their is a lot of enfo out there. The ecm is looking for resistance if it's not there you get the light. You need to know what sensors are on the seat and if it has airbags. Make sure you can pass a state inspection with the light on.
Here's how easy it is on a Wrx Sti Subaru
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=737dJzFriog

1 - 7 of 7 Posts