Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of replacing my seats, with low ride air seats, I have found.
What do I do about the existing air bags?
With the bags disconnected, will that cause a problem?
Thanks guys.
Mike from Banff

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Disconnecting the wiring will activate the airbag warning light and some have suggested disable the entire airbag system. In addition the seatbelts have a retractor to snug them up during an accident which will be disabled. I’d think hard about this before I changed the seat. Gone are the days you could go get a couple of Volvo seats to replace the ones in your Valiant.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I tried removing the SRS warning light bulb on my 96 Ford van to eliminate an annoying flashing (not going to try and fix a 21 year old air bag system). System detected the bad bulb and started beeping warnings instead. I'm sure these systems are way more intrusive today.
You'd probably need an airbag simulator plug to replace the airbag. Best case it would just be a fixed resistance across 2 pins in the plug. Worst case it would be a return signal of some sort. Perhaps they supply that info in the body builders manual.

·
Super Moderator
10,172 Posts
Plus, even worse, if you live in a state that requires safety inspections you will not pass with your airbag light on!

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,437 Posts
If you unplug the airbag and seat sensor you need to add resistors of what ever ohms that are needed to fool the control module. You can search online for ways to do it. You are on your own in the search.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts