Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am no giant by any means but a tall guy. I am close to getting a stiff neck trying to contort my neck to catch the green light on intersections whilst resting at the lowest possible seat setting. Any way to modify the seat even lower?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am no giant by any means but a tall guy. I am close to getting a stiff neck trying to contort my neck to catch the green light on intersections whilst resting at the lowest possible seat setting. Any way to modify the seat even lower?
Cut and weld "Boxed-frame" vertical pole-stands. If you ever around Panama City =32401= will be happy to help with

·
Registered
233 Posts
Lower seat base

peterpapay,

I have the same issue and I'm only 5.11".

I contacted Jennings in the UK. They sell a lower seat base that is made by sports craft. The base is 40mm lower, its designed to compensate for swivel bases.

Jennings will export to the US and Canada.

http://www.jennings-seats.co.uk/shop/20/index.htm look at the sixth item down on the list.

Marcle Leisure also sells them but, I don't recall if they export.

http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/store/lower-seat-fiatpeugeotcitroen-swivel-included-p-4103.html

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Dave

·
Registered
625 Posts
As mentioned above, shorter seat bases from Europe.

I'm looking into those, but for the opposite reason. I'm not short (5'9"), but I'm all torso with wee short legs. If I'm going to put a swivel on one or both seats, I won't be able to tolerate the extra height involved.

Or you could cut things down or make a new one yourself. All depends on your comfort with the quality level and the fit and finish.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
5' 7" all body too. I have the Sportscraft swivel which ads 1-1/4 inch so the seat is too tall. Oddly I too find I have to duck down a bit as I have the overhead shelf which lowers the view. A couple of folks here have cut and welded the origional seat, a less desirable solution than a lowered base but easily made safe and can be done cleanly. I am in a quandary. I added a 1" piece of horse stall matting that comes from Tractor Supply to raise the feet up a bit so I am getting by.

If anyone gets lowered bases and wants to sell an origional for any reason I would like one to cut and weld at my leisure.

I have emailed Eurocampers.com and Swivelsrus.com asking them to carry a lowered base, we'll see if either will assist us.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Hey! I got an answer from the folks at SwivelsRUs.com

ProMaster Lower Seat Pedestal Contact Form
[email protected]
9:15 AM (4 hours ago)
to me
Mr. RD,
Yes, we have access to these. I am told that you would have to reply with the total quantity you would want and then organize a group buy of some 25 pieces and they would bring the unit it. They drop the seat some 2”. In effect, you would become the reseller. They run $129.00/each and bolt right in.
Thank you for your interest in our products and have a pleasant holiday.
Frank

They understand we want seat bases for the Promaster (not sprinters) and the 2 inches is consistent with other seat bases.

Now what? I am not in a position to do 25 but I would buy 2. I don't know what additional cost would be incurred for such things as shipping etc? Anyone here in a business that would inventory these and sell them back to us at a reasonable profit? I invite anyone who wants to pursue this to contact Frank directly and get this moving. Or does frank mean he would order the 25, send them to 15 different addresses and charge each of us? I'm a nube on such things.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I'd be interested in buying 2 also. I just sent them an email for clarification. It sounds like they want someone to buy 25 and then resell them. I would hope that if they had a commitment they could handle the sales. I bought my swivels from them and they were very helpful on the phone.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm only planning on mounting one swivel (passenger seat), but I could go for two lower euro-sourced seat bases.

In other forums when I've seen 'group buy' of something, the forum usually gets a list of folks who are willing to commit to the purchase. Then the company (SprinterAccessories) gets the $$ from all interested parties and they can put in the order for the product. That way they minimize their risk on special orders, and are often able to get a bit of a discount from manufacturer for a larger volume.

·
Registered
437 Posts
If these work and are a simple replacement, I would buy 1 driver & 1 passenger at $129ea. This works best if SRUS does the distribution.

edit: and they must allow a swivel to be attached.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
13 requests and 12 to go.

I was specific about fitting the Promaster van/seat when I asked and they quoted the price so I am going with that. There will be shipping of some sort of course just like the seat swivels. I checked on a UK site and they were £103.62 which is $155.98. The UK price probably includes VAT which we wouldn't pay so the $129 price seems better than we could normally get them here for!

·
Registered
233 Posts
13 requests and 12 to go.

I was specific about fitting the Promaster van/seat when I asked and they quoted the price so I am going with that. There will be shipping of some sort of course just like the seat swivels. I checked on a UK site and they were £103.62 which is $155.98. The UK price probably includes VAT which we wouldn't pay so the $129 price seems better than we could normally get them here for!
RD,

Thank you for getting this going!!!

I'm in for two (driver and passenger). 129$ is a good deal even after I convert to my little canuck dollars:( Hopefully Swivels Are US does not expect us to be the distributor, otherwise there is no advantage. Before committing though I would want them to show us the brand and a drawing.

Again RD thank you!

Cheers,

Dave

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
892 Posts
I would contact Steve at Eurocampers and give him this information. He may match the offer or perhaps even order them to sell on his website due to the demand.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts