Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find very good seat covers for the Dodge promaster? Looking for tight fit type maybe camouflage.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been wanting to get seat covers for my Promaster but my drivers seat has a tag sewn into the shoulder area that says Airbag and it feels like there's something underneath the cover. I was thinking that if there is an airbag in there, a seat cover may prevent it from deploying in an accident. It seems to be sewn up pretty well, the stitching is the same as the rest of the seat. Or does it pop open with such force that it would rip everything apart?

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Just my 2 cents... The link below contains a cover for the jeep wrangler seats... It appears to be adjustable and may work for what you are looking for.

http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Interior-Parts-Accessories/G-E-A-R-Front-Seat-Cover.aspx?t_c=9&t_s=333&t_pt=3813&t_pn=S/B5661001

I had the full neoprene seat covers in my jeep and for anything longer than 20 min drive, they get hot quick! They absorb your body heat and do not breath at all (that is the point of them).

Good luck and look forward to what is discovered in this area.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been wanting to get seat covers for my Promaster but my drivers seat has a tag sewn into the shoulder area that says Airbag and it feels like there's something underneath the cover. I was thinking that if there is an airbag in there, a seat cover may prevent it from deploying in an accident. It seems to be sewn up pretty well, the stitching is the same as the rest of the seat. Or does it pop open with such force that it would rip everything apart?
There is another thread on this forum that talks about seat covers. There is 9 be company mentioned and they ask about airbags on seat.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This seems like the type of thing you could ask a dealer about or consult the manual. I feel like that has to be a relatively frequently asked question.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts