Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to cover the cloth seats in my 2019 to preserve them and possibly add comfort. Does anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Previously posted photo of seat covers I added. You need ones that are open on the sides for the side air bags.
Seat Covers.JPG

·
Premium Member
2018 Promaster, 1500, 136 WB, Ducka You Head Lowla Bridgeada Roof
38 Posts
We got ours from Wet Okole! Okole means "butt" in Hawaiian and I'm from Hawaii, so it was an easy choice. 🤙 They're made to withstand wet surfer butts jumping into the car seats and hot Hawaiian sun! Turns out they are worth every penny. Perfect fit, lots of custom options from lumbar to heat. They are made with a special panel for the airbags. They've lasted for 2 years and look new.

Custom fit car seat covers for your car, truck, SUV or van | Wet Okole

They have crazy bananas Hawaiian print patterns but also solids and more subtle patterns. Good luck on your quest - it's a really fun part of the build. Aloha!

·
Registered
2019 Promaster Silver 1500 low roof
196 Posts
We got ours from Wet Okole! Okole means "butt" in Hawaiian and I'm from Hawaii, so it was an easy choice. 🤙 They're made to withstand wet surfer butts jumping into the car seats and hot Hawaiian sun! Turns out they are worth every penny. Perfect fit, lots of custom options from lumbar to heat. They are made with a special panel for the airbags. They've lasted for 2 years and look new.

Custom fit car seat covers for your car, truck, SUV or van | Wet Okole

They have crazy bananas Hawaiian print patterns but also solids and more subtle patterns. Good luck on your quest - it's a really fun part of the build. Aloha!
I have been looking at neoprene to make seat covers so it is good to know a pro company (and a customer with a PM) think that is a viable, even good, material for this purpose. I also am considering putting a leather panel in the middle from the top of the back to the front of the seat. That's for durability mostly but leather is so comfortable winter and summer. I don't much care about them looking super spiffy - but hope they'll look decent and fit reasonably well (neoprene stretches) when I finally get around to making them.

·
Premium Member
2018 Promaster, 1500, 136 WB, Ducka You Head Lowla Bridgeada Roof
38 Posts
I have been looking at neoprene to make seat covers so it is good to know a pro company (and a customer with a PM) think that is a viable, even good, material for this purpose. I also am considering putting a leather panel in the middle from the top of the back to the front of the seat. That's for durability mostly but leather is so comfortable winter and summer. I don't much care about them looking super spiffy - but hope they'll look decent and fit reasonably well (neoprene stretches) when I finally get around to making them.
The neoprene has been wonderful, Deryn. It doesn't pill or discolor, just looks perfect. I think the foam in it grips the seat and helps keep it from shifting as we get in and out of the van. So, we're not constantly tugging at it, straightening it out. I think you'll really like it. FYI, the Mr put them on and said it wasn't easy - he had to pull them bit by bit and stretch them a LOT. Like putting pantyhose on Bigfoot! Ha! It wasn't because they weren't made correctly, it's because they have to be really snug to get a perfect fit. Just to keep that in mind - you'll want to sew them a certain amount smaller than your measurements to avoid gapping and puckering.

I'm not sure how such different materials would factor into that - the stretch in neoprene vs leather. I'm sure it will be quite an adventure! You'd better provide pictures! I'll upload some tomorrow so you can see the fit. Don't laugh at our Hawaiian pattern though...:sneaky:

We are opposites on leather! :p I find leather UNcomfortable in winter and summer! Ha! It burns me in summer and freezes me in winter. (Unless they're heated.) We've always had leather seats in SUVs and cars, but we prefer fabric now - the leather always started wearing down and showing age after a year or two. Aged leather looks good in bomber jackets though. ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I mainly just wanted to protect my seats from getting all gross since we like to hike a lot and stuff. I just bought some cheap ones on Amazon which actually work really great! It was only $25 for the pair. They have a tiny bit of padding, they don't slide at all. They've been in for about a year and they're still going strong. When installing them, my husband did have to cut a hole in each of them in order to slide the seat belt tongue through. They are not currently available, but these are the ones I got: amazon.com/gp/product/B07MMB44QJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts