Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suddenly, the seat belt connect is not being recognized and the incredibly annoying dinging goes on for about two minutes before finally shutting off. Horribly aggravating. Anybody have any ideas before I have to take it to the dealer? Anybody know how to shut off the seat belt alarm completely, I did it on my F150 with a combination of weird Ford voodoo?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Connect the passenger seat belt together and see if that stops it.?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
That might be it, I had something heavy on the passenger's seat. But I have had lots of stuff before on the pass. seat and this never happened. Gonna have to experiment... thanks uncubed!
Your Welcome!
I learned that from my dog! It kept on going off so I just connect it together.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi This happened to me yesterday. I was wearing my seat belt and the alarm wouldn't stop. Then it stopped for a couple of minutes and went back on again. Any idea about what's happening?

·
Premium Member
8,714 Posts
My dog occasionally sets it off on the passenger seat. 19lb JRT

·
Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
410 Posts
Funny or dog is just under the weight to trigger the center seat alarm.
The alarm would randomly ding and it took awhile for me to figure it out. If she moved around or we would pet her it would be enough to set of the ding ding ding ding.
we now clip in the seat belt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, it looks like the seat belt resolved itself. The alarm did not go off today. How strange that is...
Thanks for the advise about dogs. I plan on getting a pooch someday myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts