Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where to get a seat base or maybe the official part number? I would like to buy one to try cutting it down etc. to lower the seat.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Chance for a part time business as the lowered bases are $200-+ Let us know how it goes. They are available from the FCA dealer of course.
Perhaps???? MOPAR (5122191AA) Check with your parts guy. about $185 Check eBay for one out of a crashed van?

·
Registered
120 Posts
yes the person at the parts dept window at the dealer can look it up

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
They are but they are keyed to the factory swivel and I cannot tell if the lowered base will fit anyones else’s swivel.
The number is 68240434AA See: http://www.eastcoastmoparts.com/oe-mopar/68240434aa and speak with your parts person before trusting my research. Good luck, report back.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK .. update on my lowered seatbase order. I'm ordering part #

Ordered it from "partsmavenmopar.com" online, order was submitted and my card charged.
Next day , they sent me an email telling me that they had my order on HOLD and I needed to submit my Vin# so they could make sure it would fit.
I told them I didn't care about the fit I wanted THAT SPECIFIC PART NUMBER regardless ...and sent them my Vin to make them happy.

I got this reply
"We have canceled your order. The swivel seat riser is on back order with MOPAR and may take too long for you to wait to come in. Sorry if your are upset that we tried to get your the original seat riser that fits your truck but we do get a lot of look up errors on interior parts.
Thank you for using Parts Maven."

So thumbs DOWN for Parts Maven. :-(

Today I ordered the thing from another company . (moparpartsgiant.com) ..we'll see how they do processing a simple order.

When I get it, I plan to just scope it out compared to my factory seat base and I'll report what I find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts