Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to get a good partition that will seal the front from the back? A lot of the metal ones aren't very air tight.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Plywood and calking? Check with the search here there have been fiberglass ones for sale I believe.

Reactions: uNik

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be interested in taking it off of their hands...especially if it is a Protexx one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, I got the link working. Is there anyway you can send me a picture or a link with a picture? I would just love to know what it looks like. And also, is it only for the hightop? I have a low top.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ours has no window. I am trying to load a couple pictures but having difficulty. It measures roughly 71"hgt x 65" wide. It is grey metal on cargo side and headliner fabric lined on cab side.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So once again I'm looking for a partition for sale in the Pacific NW. Anybody looking to get rid of one?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't worry, found one. There is this thing on the internet called "Craig's List" and people post all sorts of stuff on there! Who knew?!

That being said, it appears that the interior trim pieces are different for partitioned and non-partitioned PMs. Luckily I found a local PM owner that just wants to do a straight swap. Best. Price. Ever.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd think about airflow before totally sealing it off. The exit vents for the HVAC (vents) are located in the back of the cargo area. If you totally seal off the cab, the fresh air entering the cab has no where to go so you will compromise the efficiency of the heating/cooling....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That seems weird as a factory installed partition completely seals off the back area.

That being said, I found one locally (for $150!) and with a little modification to the interior trim pieces I got it to fit like a glove. It is AMAZING how quiet it is now (especially since I have a lot of tools back there.) It heats up the cab WAY quicker now. It has a slider too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts