Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I paid $720. They supplied and installed Kicker 8" powered sub, dual USB port above parcel shelf for my dash cam and future rear view monitor, and Viper remote start system.

·
Registered
736 Posts
So, give or take whatever profit they would have made, it cost them close to $2grand to install your equipment.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
No skin off their backs really. That shop is always busy. Audio Express is the place. They have many locations throughout Phoenix. They were telling me how a 70 year old man with a smart car came in and had them install $8500 worth of gear in his car. Nuts. I cant see the value of that. Just adding a sub changed the dynamics of the crap unit in my van and brought it up to near Alpine status. No need to go swapping everything to get decent sound. I love the van and now I love the sound. On an unrelated note, I was reading in another thread the use of Noico sound deadening mats and with the 5 star rave reviews, I ordered it from Amazon to put in the rear area to help with road noise resonance. That will make the van even more joyous to drive :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
I was thinking the other day about the Dynamat I used (another product like Noico)

My thought was how is Dynamat or Noico different than “Blueskin” or “Soprema “peal & stick”?

They gotta be cheaper

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The reality of these deadeners is you really only need a small piece to kill the resonance in the metal. I know some guys think that covering the entire interior surface is the way to go, but I believe a little goes a long way. its really not intended to silence the vehicle but control the frequencies of metal vibrations.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
I agree and if you are going to insulate soon you will gain nothing from the deadener in places with Polyisocyanurate sheets or glued in Thinsulate so save your money and cover the wheel wells. Throwing money away is not my thing but many seem to enjoy it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
In the meantime, I ordered 46 boxes of Noico to wrap the entire inside of the van, the engine bay, the wheel wells, the dashboard, the windshield, the steering wheel, the top of the seats...

🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
605 Posts
I agree and if you are going to insulate soon you will gain nothing from the deadener in places with Polyisocyanurate sheets or glued in Thinsulate so save your money and cover the wheel wells. Throwing money away is not my thing but many seem to enjoy it.
I only put Dynamat on the rear wheel wells. With the rest of the van insulated, I do not hear the same tin can sounds that I use to before insulating

I was wondering if anyone has used “blueskin” for sound deadining?

·
Registered
42 Posts
The dynamat also works as a reflective heat barrier. I tested this in my van build. On a sunny day (about 80 deg outside) there was a 10 deg F difference in the dyna mat area vs the uncovered area. I installed 100 square feet in my Transit build. (I used rockville mat)'

·
Registered
459 Posts
Interesting. I've put several screw types through carpet, insulation, fabric, you name it. They all grab and twist the material. Drywall screws don't do it any less.
Also, drywall screws corrode and disintegrate faster than any other screw.
It's not a trick of the trade. It's just cheap and lazy.
Ok buddy, never mind

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sooooo.... I went over to the audio express store and met with the guy I dealt with (sales guy). He didn't even bat an eye and said he would pay for the repairs to replace the tank. My dealer made contact with him for payment and new fuel tank is ordered.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My co-work installed cell phones in the late 80 and 90's. Big units. He said they installed a setup in a brand new 50K Mercedes that was a birthday present for the gentleman's wife.
He said they mounted the units amplifier behind the rear upper seat back - right into the diesel tank. Flooded the new car with diesel.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Three thumbs up (despite I only have two hands) and I'm impressed the sales rep was receptive to do the right thing. Glad this is going to resolve as stated. My fuel tank replacement was done fast at my dealership.
Sooooo.... I went over to the audio express store and met with the guy I dealt with (sales guy). He didn't even bat an eye and said he would pay for the repairs to replace the tank. My dealer made contact with him for payment and new fuel tank is ordered.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The shop will have some sort of professional insurance too. May not want to make claim but they could.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts