Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. Promasterforum.com Introduction Section Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted.
Hello All, this is my first post here. Not sure if it’s in the correct spot. I have a 2014 Promaster 1500 Diesel. Having issues with ESC and Hill Assist. While on incline and a full stop, when brake pedal released the system kicks in and holds brakes, the problem is that it won’t release the brakes after a couple of seconds. I accelerated and heard a couple of clicks on driver side front and noticed the brakes would still not release. On dash message said Hill Holder unavailable and ESC light illuminated. I restarted vehicle and light cleared but brakes took some time to release. I had to reverse and forward a bit for brakes to release. Work done prior to issue, both driver and passenger front brake pads, rotors, calipers, and brake hose replaced. Any way to turn off HSA on a PM? Would love all the suggestions I can get. Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
2015 diesel 118" wheelbase 3/15 build Mexico
279 Posts
Hello All, this is my first post here. Not sure if it’s in the correct spot. I have a 2014 Promaster 1500 Diesel. Having issues with ESC and Hill Assist. While on incline and a full stop, when brake pedal released the system kicks in and holds brakes, the problem is that it won’t release the brakes after a couple of seconds. I accelerated and heard a couple of clicks on driver side front and noticed the brakes would still not release. On dash message said Hill Holder unavailable and ESC light illuminated. I restarted vehicle and light cleared but brakes took some time to release. I had to reverse and forward a bit for brakes to release. Work done prior to issue, both driver and passenger front brake pads, rotors, calipers, and brake hose replaced. Any way to turn off HSA on a PM? Would love all the suggestions I can get. Thank you all in advance.
I never noticed any hill holder on my 2015 but if it's alerting on your dash it's probably going to have to be addressed by your local Ram dealer

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Both Hill Assist and ESC activate your brakes automatically using special electronics connected to them with wires. You didn't specify exactly when the problems started in relation to your recent brake service. But when something goes wrong shortly after you've changed something, that's always the first thing to suspect. Maybe wiring or electronics were damaged or disconnected. Talk to the people who did the brake job. If they can't/won't help, I agree with @HVAC1957, you may have to take it to a RAM dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts