Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14 PM has the U Conn 5 with GPS, but no sat radio.

I ordered in a nice Sat radio with vehicle kit from Sirius to install myself.

Anyone else use these kits? Not too bad to install?

I have done car stereos before and am a former nuc plant technician. I'm hopeful I can get it done. Have a camping trip with the Mrs. in Oct. Her car has had sat radio for years. Factory thing. I have to admit, I have come to enjoy it. Finally could afford it for my PM!

·
Super Moderator
10,529 Posts
If you can’t get it to work you can always nuk it :)

There have been some people here who have gone this route I believe. I’m not sure if they just added another whole reciever or a module of some kind. I don’t think you can just buy the receiver from Ram but aftermarket unit should work.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is from Sirius itself. I would think that with a 12v power supply, I could use it in the garage too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed the XM Commander touch in mine, really couldn't find a spot I could put a portable unit on the dash that suited my fancy. I just hooked up to 12v power and ran the audio out cord to the plug by the steering wheel.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, a nuclear powered radio . . .

The glow I give off powers the solar cells. ;-)

That's cool on that radio. Same one I ordered!

·
Registered
808 Posts
I once did an RF survey of the Crystal River Nuclear Power plant. As an outside observer, my main take away was how unbelievably accurate the Simpsons show is ;). They had the look and feel of the place down pat!

I've successfully installed aftermarket satellite receivers in a two cars. The hardest part was always routing and mounting the antenna. I hear tell there's an existing antenna or mount that can be tapped into for this, but I'm not finding an adapter when I search online.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha!
Back when I was in the Navy my father in law asked me about my job. I told him it was classified and if I told him anything, I'd have to kill him. He was drunk and contemplated that for a while. Then he asked, well what's it like? I said, have you ever watched the Simpsons? He said yeah! I said, I had 43 Homers working for me. I basically ran a Naval vocational day care center for dysfunctional teens. (I ran the forward engineroom on a carrier) That comment took him about 5 minutes to mull over. Then he thanked me. I guess he was satisfied.

Reactions: gggGary

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:)I about spit my coffee out reading that. Sadly that is a great analogy for great portion of todays Navy not just the Nuc community.
Most of my guys were non nuc. But we had to have nuc MM's for some engineroom watch stations. My non nuc guys always complained about being second class citizens because the nucs got paid more and advanced faster. I'd tell them to put a chit in to go to nuc school. They'd freak out and I'd laugh. They thought I was a lifer dog ass hole. Actually, I was just the head baby sitter. I used to joke my Senior Chief that "LPO", my job title, stood for laundry petty officer instead of leading petty officer.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Postman just came! I get to have fun this afternoon!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts