Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a difference, between the Sirrius XM antenna and the Sirrius antenna?
Up here in the great white north, Sirrius XM, sucks. Had it in my 2013 half-ton.
I had an old Sirrius , that I had in a work truck, works great in the mountains.
Would like to use the factory location for my needs, cleaner look.
Would like to splice the wires.
Can this be done?
Thanks Guys.
Mike from Banff

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't that you'll be able to splice into the factory antenna. The ends at the stereo are Fakra connectors which are different then the Sirius or XM tuners that I've seen.

A clean look for the aftermarket antenna could be done through the cab lights on the front or rear of the van if the cable is long enough. Or perhaps you can put the antenna inside the rear camera pod if you have it. Signal should work well enough through plastic.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I found the part I needed on Amazon to run my factory antenna to my aftermarket Satellite radio. I ordered Sirius XM Radio Universal 5 ' antenna Ext. Part # SBRGT-5 and it was under $15.00. Just pulled the radio, connected the factory antenna and ran it thru the dash and connected. Works GREAT and reception is perfect. Hope this info helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts