Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An Italian vehicle have to be almost very good to be sold in Germany.
Take a look to this ranking table...
http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2013/12/06/germany-november-2013-vw-golf-hits-highest-share-in-4-years/
I'm not surprised, the Ducato project is really actual.
Many said that the design is ugly, but for me it's one of the best exemples of industrial design.
From the driving compartment door, to the flat side surfaces (perfect for graphics) and the perfect squared tailgate the designers did a very good job.
Every element is studied or for practicality or for areodynamics or for protection, but nothing is trivial or obvious...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fiat Ducato 556 + Citroen Jumper 69 + Peugeot Boxer 40 = 665
Mercedes Sprinter 331 + WV Crafter 93 = 424

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford Transit-Tourner 1009! Very good, but I think they add also the Transit Connect that is of another segment...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
What is surprising to me from the data is that only 54 Fiat Doblos were sold. That's only about 10 percent of Fiat Ducatos.

Doesn't say much for the ProMaster City if the trend is similar in US.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't think that the Promaster has really had the chance to break into the US market though. In a few more months I think we would get a better idea of how the Promaster is actually going to sell long term in the USA.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Time will tell. The fleets are going to jump somewhere, and the purchasing managers are going to go by the cost of the PM compared to the competition when it comes time to retire the Econolines. Since Ford won't be making the E-x50 platform, and M-B is relatively pricy, it is likely the PM will end up doing decently.

We will definitely know next year, if people keep with Ford or change makes when fleets need to be upgraded.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Another thing about those fleets, almost every brand selling a vehicle like the PM has had a head start, sales might be slow for Ram.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts