Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to sum things up at 700 miles ETC and Cel would come on leaving me in reduced power mode...
Dealer had it for 24 days replaced the turbo. returned the van and next day same issues

27 days at the dealer they replaced egr valve and cooler, waste gate and solenoid, vacuum reservoir. And a radiator. Then it wasn't running right abd they found oil on the mass airflow sensor and cleaned it...

Well after that drove to FL and found that the ac didn't work.... Couldn't get into a dealer until after I got home the compressor / clutch was bad

Today p208a code followed by 200 miles tilll speed is limited

What a Pos... Currently the van is at 17500 miles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sorry to hear about your predicament. So judging by your title this isn't the first set of problems you've encountered. Have these issues cropped up before or is this new fodder for the dung heap. My 2015 diesel is at 12,000 miles.. Knock on wood and fingers crossed.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear about your predicament. So judging by your title this isn't the first set of problems you've encountered. Have these issues cropped up before or is this new fodder for the dung heap. My 2015 diesel is at 12,000 miles.. Knock on wood and fingers crossed.
The etc stuff started at 700 miles Ive had it here abd there between Repair attempts and racked up miles.. A week and a half till I reliezed the ac didn't work and that was fixed a few weeks ago... I drive roughly a 100k miles a year so it doesn't take long for me to add on miles lol

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
They don’t know what is wrong with your van, obviously. Lemmon law or buy back been discussed? They have thrown parts at it and you have had bad luck on other not related issues (MAF sensor, AC issue) and I too would be fed up. It may be time to move on. I have 30K on mine and it has been great. So few have recently had issues! There is something wrong with yours that hasn’t been changed out. I’d think your dealer would be on your side on a buyback. Good luck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They don’t know what is wrong with your van, obviously. Lemmon law or buy back been discussed? They have thrown parts at it and you have had bad luck on other not related issues (MAF sensor, AC issue) and I too would be fed up. It may be time to move on. I have 30K on mine and it has been great. So few have recently had issues! There is something wrong with yours that hasn’t been changed out. I’d think your dealer would be on your side on a buyback. Good luck.
It was bought commercially and the lemon law does not apply... My lawyer can still sue for monetary settlement but not for a replacement or buy back

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I got to the dealer everything was working.... doesn't make me feel real confident....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,240 Posts
What's will they give you if you trade it in?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here we go more cel codes... maf codes now... this van is obviously F'd

·
Registered
227 Posts
Kbb says 26k lol

HAHAHA, i could be so lucky, kbb say mine is about 8k to 11k trade in. i owe about 22k on it. i have driven it about 19,000 miles since a new trans was installed. i have a strange intermittent wobble that i have yet to find, im sure it will get worse and show me whats wrong.
the 24 mpg i average makes it hard to replace, other vans just dont get that much or have just as many problems as this one with even higher repair cost.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Chystler offered 6k to settle my lawsuit. I think they will do a buy back.. my dealer is trying to get the bank to do a transfer of equity and I'll get a gas van.. my lawyer says every manufacture has lemons but he has more diesel promaster then anything he said they are a real issue...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Chystler offered 6k to settle my lawsuit. I think they will do a buy back.. my dealer is trying to get the bank to do a transfer of equity and I'll get a gas van.. my lawyer says every manufacture has lemons but he has more diesel promaster then anything he said they are a real issue...

This is what turned me away from the Sprinter vans, and ultimately what made me decide on a gasser.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/fatal-flaw-mercedes-benz-sprinters-tom-robertson
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/fatal-flaw-mercedes-benz-sprinters-part-2-tom-robertson

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HAHAHA, i could be so lucky, kbb say mine is about 8k to 11k trade in. i owe about 22k on it. i have driven it about 19,000 miles since a new trans was installed. i have a strange intermittent wobble that i have yet to find, im sure it will get worse and show me whats wrong.
the 24 mpg i average makes it hard to replace, other vans just dont get that much or have just as many problems as this one with even higher repair cost.
I only get about 21 22mpg and I'm very lightly loaded... weighed my van with out me in it... 6075lbs

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mass airflow sensor is now shot and wouldn't let the van regen properly which left me in limp mode... a 1k miles from home... finally regened got home and to my dealer.... maf is backordered..... awsome

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
.......... cut....... my lawyer says every manufacture has lemons but he has more diesel promaster then anything he said they are a real issue...
Wow more than Sprinters that have been so widely disparaged! Seems like an overstatement but he said what he said. Your case is bad and I hope you get satisfaction. Best of luck.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now dealing with p0299 turbo charger under boost. Been to the dealer once and they couldn't find anything wrong... It's very intermittent... awesome

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same issue I think ... amongst others

Back last December our ProMaster 2500 Diesel had this issue with the power shutting off & we limped it over to the nearest dealer. Long story short, they had it for 5 weeks (during which time they refused to provide any form of loaner vehicle & even getting any information from them proved hugely challenging ... series of issues/complaints with that dealer which I will go in to another time). Any way fast forward to yesterday and the same symptoms have materialized plus a couple of additional ones: it also claims the outside temperature is currently 60C (real temp is about 24C) & it says it needs an oil change even though it had an old change within the last 500km. The exhaust filter warning (must drive at 80km for blah blah blah thing), the alternator warning & a red lightning strike warning are also all displayed on the dash. Vehicle tops out at about 30kmph (20mph) and can't go up hills ... we are surrounded by mountains here.
So after the dealer that sold me the vehicle basically refused to look at it, I called Chrysler and they had me call the Roadside Assistance folks ... so it has now been towed to the local dealership as of last night (the last place I want it going but I have no choice). Any way I am now waiting to hear from them ... based on previous experience that could take a while. Meanwhile we are without our main work vehicle and Chrysler will not provide a loaner until the problem is diagnosed and that could take a while. As I said we were without a vehicle for 5 weeks back in January when they tried to fix this last time. Also FYI Chrysler customer service have informed me that there are 3 recalls outstanding from 2016 that the dealer have still not worked on which I find astonishing given they had the vehicle for all that time in January and were told about it then.

So pre-empting the same non-existent level of service that we got in January and the refusal to provide a loaner vehicle (when I complained to Chrysler they told me I have to speak to the dealer, but I had just spoken to the dealer general manager prior to calling them so that went nowhere) ... what recourse if any is there for a customer such as me who is getting the run around from a dealer & Chrysler? Do I have to threaten legal action (that's not exactly going to speed things up and get us back on the road or come cheap) or any other suggestions? Bear in mind I am in Canada where the lemon law does not apply. The dealer took down their Facebook page so online public humiliation isn't as easy as might otherwise be ... plus that won't help in the short term (may just make me feel better afterwards).

I am hoping Murphy's law kicks in and I get a response from the dealer after posting this on here, but based on previous experiences I am very very doubtful.

·
Registered
171 Posts
You should recall Chrysler and explain what the dealer does, better to say doesn't do, and ask them to open a "case".

Simply put that dealers have technitians that doesn't understand (or doesn't have time) how diesel Promaster works and its exhaust control system.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts