Ram Promaster Forum banner

RV show this week in Pleasanton, CA (Jan 22 - 30 )2023

228 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  HarryN
I don't have any affiliation with this except that I live about 5 miles away from the Fair Grounds where it is being held.

It is a significant size RV show historically with everything from very large RVs, class Bs and even small trailer type camping.

Reactions: DewaltDisney
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It will be interesting to see how far prices falling with interest rates and inflation pressure.
I have not gone for a few years due to covid. The last time I was there after 2 days I felt like I had a reasonable view of what was there, but not in any super detail level.

I a m not qualified to answer your question about pricing RVs.

It still seems like buying and actually receiving a van is still not so easy.

· Registered
2022 Roadtrek Chase on 2022 PM 3500 extended high roof
53 Posts
RV prices are very cyclic and always have been. I used to watch them till I realized it really doesn't matter, it is up to the buyer as to what he/she considers the value to them vs. the dollars and cents. Often you can get a low price deal on a older unit that has sat on the lot but is that what you want after 5 trillion families and their kids trying every part ?

· Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
1,350 Posts
RV prices are very cyclic and always have been. I used to watch them till I realized it really doesn't matter, it is up to the buyer as to what he/she considers the value to them vs. the dollars and cents. Often you can get a low price deal on a older unit that has sat on the lot but is that what you want after 5 trillion families and their kids trying every part ?
Open the toilet lid. Look down the hole. Went with a friend who looking at NEW RV tt's.

Small poo pyramid in tank. No toilet paper in sight. What's up with that?

· Registered
2017 2500 HiTop 159 Cargo Van white.
962 Posts
Just looked at an email from one of the big bicycle retailers, just about 25% off on lots of bikes. That is right about their margin so these discounts are coming from the manufacturers.
Expect the same from other industries.

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Open the toilet lid. Look down the hole. Went with a friend who looking at NEW RV tt's.

Small poo pyramid in tank. No toilet paper in sight. What's up with that?
Sometimes kids need a toilet and the bathrooms at these places are not always so obvious.

I have 4 children (now grown). You would be amazed how fast they can pull something when you are looking at stuff.

· Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just looked at an email from one of the big bicycle retailers, just about 25% off on lots of bikes. That is right about their margin so these discounts are coming from the manufacturers.
Expect the same from other industries.
Maybe - that might be a big assumption to think that it is all coming from one party and not a split or just plain turning inventory into cash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts