Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Me too, however the RV package is likely aimed more at commercial RV manufacturers than us. Before you order something, it pays to find out what it actually does, or doesn't do. Aux switches are a good example. The way they are wired at the factory limits their functionality and restricts some other wiring options. This forum is such a great resource for that research.
Good to know about the aux switches!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let's see:
includes
Trailer-tow Group
Interior Convenience Group,
Premium Appearance Group,
220-amp alternator,
swivel seats,
rear heater – A/C Prep,
auxiliary switches,
16.0-in. aluminum wheels

I do not think anyone has used the heater/AC prep. I have it and I don't know what it is.
The aux switches cannot be retro fitted, but very few people have them and there are ways to just add your own switches.
Everything is available a la carte, so the package does not look interesting.

We valued heated seats over the swivel and in our year you could not get both. Retro fit swivels are available, but I don't know about heated seats.
Heated seats can be done as an after-market item on most vehicles. I know of one Travato (ProMaster 3500 Winnebago upfit) owner who added heated seats. I am considering doing the same with mine. For those who don't "get" heated seats, you probably don't live in New England or other northern states.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Could the Rear Heater Prep be used to get engine coolant to a "heat exchange" water heater--such as the Atwood AT96136 or Isotemp SPA 15L ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it worth the $3500 to add the RV Ready Prep Package? I'll be building out the van to travel/live in. I will want to add RV hookup for electric, but not sure if to do that I would need this package.
yes ,... we have a client who wants a van w this RV Prep pkg ( ACV ) please call RALPH JR or Anita @ 863.734.1262 if you have a new or low mileage van we can buy w this pkg thanks Happy Holidays

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Maybe not a spammer but a used car dealer who had someone looking for a camper so they joined the forum to see if anyone is selling.
Which should be in the sales section, after an introductory post and maybe even after paying to be a vendor.

Off with their head!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
If* I didn't have to kneel, beg and pay Sticker for the base vehicle the RV package was attached to? YES.

Factory swivel seats have the shoulder belt anchored in the seat back not the door column.

Too many times at 70mph I've looked at the gap between me, the seat belt and unforgiving sheetmetal and thought to myself 'what a great idea'.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
That's what all the air bags are for.
A seatbelt's only purpose is to keep you from flying through the windshield. They don't help much on side impacts. So, doesn't matter much if they are anchored to the seat or the pillar.

·
Premium Member
2016 3500 ext-ht
126 Posts
Let's see:
includes
Trailer-tow Group
Interior Convenience Group,
Premium Appearance Group,
220-amp alternator,
swivel seats,
rear heater – A/C Prep,
auxiliary switches,
16.0-in. aluminum wheels

I do not think anyone has used the heater/AC prep. I have it and I don't know what it is.
The aux switches cannot be retro fitted, but very few people have them and there are ways to just add your own switches.
Everything is available a la carte, so the package does not look interesting.

We valued heated seats over the swivel and in our year you could not get both. Retro fit swivels are available, but I don't know about heated seats.
Seat heaters are $35.00 each from Dorman includes fuse and switch. I used them for my lithium battery bank as well with thermostatic gizmo. These seat heater pads also work for pet beds, boot dryers and melting ice/holes for ice fishing. Also work well for dethawing grey and black tanks in a pinch.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Seat heaters are $35.00 each from Dorman includes fuse and switch. I used them for my lithium battery bank as well with thermostatic gizmo. These seat heater pads also work for pet beds, boot dryers and melting ice/holes for ice fishing. Also work well for dethawing grey and black tanks in a pinch.

These? Good find they look awesome! Relays too.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts