Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Me too, however the RV package is likely aimed more at commercial RV manufacturers than us. Before you order something, it pays to find out what it actually does, or doesn't do. Aux switches are a good example. The way they are wired at the factory limits their functionality and restricts some other wiring options. This forum is such a great resource for that research.
Good to know about the aux switches!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let's see:
includes
Trailer-tow Group
Interior Convenience Group,
Premium Appearance Group,
220-amp alternator,
swivel seats,
rear heater – A/C Prep,
auxiliary switches,
16.0-in. aluminum wheels

I do not think anyone has used the heater/AC prep. I have it and I don't know what it is.
The aux switches cannot be retro fitted, but very few people have them and there are ways to just add your own switches.
Everything is available a la carte, so the package does not look interesting.

We valued heated seats over the swivel and in our year you could not get both. Retro fit swivels are available, but I don't know about heated seats.
Heated seats can be done as an after-market item on most vehicles. I know of one Travato (ProMaster 3500 Winnebago upfit) owner who added heated seats. I am considering doing the same with mine. For those who don't "get" heated seats, you probably don't live in New England or other northern states.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Could the Rear Heater Prep be used to get engine coolant to a "heat exchange" water heater--such as the Atwood AT96136 or Isotemp SPA 15L ?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts