Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone cover their Promaster when not in use? Since I use it as an RV, it sometimes sits for several months between use. I live in the Pacific Northwest and thought that a RV cover may keep it from getting plastered with fir needles, sap, and other organic materials (unfortunately it won't fit in my garage).

Any recommendations on whether this is a good or bad idea, what type/size of cover to use, or where to purchase one would be greatly appreciated. I checked on-line and there are many generic B-class covers from $89- over $300. Can anyone recommend a particular cover for a 159" 2500.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Skip the cover, use it more. ;)

Unless you're parking in some truly hideous conditions, a cover might do more harm than good. Trap moisture underneath, abrade on the paint, get dirty and worn itself and need replacement.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,802 Posts
I understand where he's coming from. My van gets absolutely filthy parked under trees in my driveway. I've made a Tyvek windshield cover that also covers the gutter beneath it, but I really should have more.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Van Covers

Does anyone cover their Promaster when not in use? Since I use it as an RV, it sometimes sits for several months between use. I live in the Pacific Northwest and thought that a RV cover may keep it from getting plastered with fir needles, sap, and other organic materials (unfortunately it won't fit in my garage).

Any recommendations on whether this is a good or bad idea, what type/size of cover to use, or where to purchase one would be greatly appreciated. I checked on-line and there are many generic B-class covers from $89- over $300. Can anyone recommend a particular cover for a 159" 2500.
I Second MSNomer, I also have to park under trees in the PNW and I wish I had made or bought a cover. If you have solar panels it is super important to keep them clean when not in use.

Zyzzyx I understand what you are saying but, your climate is so completely the opposite from Skeeter's. You have the benefit of the Cascades blocking all the crap weather and an annual rainfall that would make us west coasters weep;)

Skeeter do not hesitate get one or make one! Seems like the link that shortone provided is a great deal for the protection that it provides. Thanks shortone! I have the skill and the machines to sew one myself but, at the prices listed on the link I may just oder one.

Cover it be happy!

Dave

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is the ADCO Class B cover hiding a Travato (long WB high top). It's perfect in back and on the sides but doesn't follow the windshield. I have to gather it up and use some orange spring clamps.

Since my van is a high top, I need a ladder to put the cover on. Preferably two or even three. It's not easy and you end up running around from one spot to another making adjustments or unsnagging it from something on your roof. You can't do it in the wind.

Secondly, I live where there is an HOA. Nothing says "RV" like a vehicle under a cover and I get nastygrams if I cover the van and get ignored if I don't. So I leave it uncovered.

Thirdly, since it is so difficult to cover, when it was covered, I was reluctant to uncover it and drive it to work. I really think a car should move every couple of weeks.

When I had my Class C in Arizona, I always covered it but it was easy because I could jump onto the roof of it from the house it was parked next to and I could also walk on the roof of the MH. I'm I big believer in covers. I had to replace the cover every 3 years because the sun would eat it. The damage the cover sustained could have been inflicted on the RV, but instead it looked new after 11 years. I wish my Travato was easier to cover and less conspicuous when it is. I'll figure something out.

Hope this helps,
Eric

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
2,819 Posts
Van Covers

I Second MSNomer, I also have to park under trees in the PNW and I wish I had made or bought a cover. If you have solar panels it is super important to keep them clean when not in use.

Zyzzyx I understand what you are saying but, your climate is so completely the opposite from Skeeter's. You have the benefit of the Cascades blocking all the crap weather and an annual rainfall that would make us west coasters weep;)

Skeeter do not hesitate get one or make one! Seems like the link that shortone provided is a great deal for the protection that it provides. Thanks shortone! I have the skill and the machines to sew one myself but, at the prices listed on the link I may just oder one.

Cover it be happy!

Dave

Except "The Blue Hole" 😉

1 - 8 of 8 Posts