Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again all. I’m just wondering if you folks have favorite online retailers for rv supplies and accessories? I shop local when I can, we live in central Oregon and options are limited. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,127 Posts
Hi,

This is a list of the RV part suppliers I used for my conversion:

http://www.buildagreenrv.com/resources/resources-suppliers/

To be honest, I probably used Amazon more than any of the others -- they are just too darn convenient.

Got my house batteries from Costco (golf cart batteries).

Gary

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Ditto, a lot from Amazon (price and convenience). The other stuff came from many different online RV and Marine suppliers, depending on price and availability. No special favorites though. I even used local companies a few times. Once to order a fresh water tank that arrived with fittings in all the wrong places. They took it back with full refund, no problem. Then I ordered another from a local plastics supplier, and they included fittings custom-installed where I specified. There are benefits to buying local, but price isn't usually one of them. Returns are generally a bigger (expensive) hassle with online orders. I'll have a few leftover bits that were too much hassle to return.

·
Banned
1 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules. "Promasterforum.com Introduction Section " Please be aware until you do make the required introductory post any posts you make may be deleted
You can refer rvzone to get all information about RV accessories as well as insightful RV reviews, tips, and tricks to get the most out of every RV trip.

·
Premium Member
2021 3500 Extended
379 Posts
Ebay/Amazon/google = cheapest plus shipping. The fees have been going up, so sometimes you can go direct to the mfg or vendor and get it cheaper than the 'bay or 'zon. If it's the same price as them or even close I would rather give my $ to the maker or seller. Also, the recent censorship of sellers that don't fit their political or social mantra has me using Amazon less and less.

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
2,838 Posts
Ebay/Amazon/google = cheapest plus shipping. The fees have been going up, so sometimes you can go direct to the mfg or vendor and get it cheaper than the 'bay or 'zon. If it's the same price as them or even close I would rather give my $ to the maker or seller. Also, the recent censorship of sellers that don't fit their political or social mantra has me using Amazon less and less.
My thoughts are the same. Covid has really helped out companies like Amazon & I see pricing on such sites increasing. So far I have this month purchased without Amazon for our new build;
CLR Windows
Roof Fans
Wheel Well Water Tanks
Propex Furnace

Because @CDN_PM & I are group buying that is just under $6,000C that did not go thu Amazon.

Since Covid, I have seen a big increase in such van building materials & equipment. Much of the increases are on Amazon & I think “capitalization” of the covid market place.

Caveat Emptor

·
Registered
2018 3500 EXT Camper Conversion in CT (TX for now due to Covid)
1,026 Posts
I bought quite a bit from etrailer, and prefer them over Amazon. Amazon is baiting and switching on the shipping speed too much for me lately.

When something like a tool or hardware can get here tomorrow I might have purchased it from Amazon rather than driving to a hardware store, but lately next day turns into 2 or 3, and if there were honest I would have just driven to the hardware store. Also not a fan of the censorship from AWS and how they treat sellers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts