Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there are close to 20,000 members to this forum and hardly any current info on running boards.
I have a 2019 deep cherry red crystal pearl 159" high top Promaster cargo van.
Any suggestions, leads, reviews, photos, would be helpful.
I'm leaning towards running boards that follows the contours such as Iconic...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I see there are close to 20,000 members to this forum and hardly any current info on running boards.
I have a 2019 deep cherry red crystal pearl 159" high top Promaster cargo van.
Any suggestions, leads, reviews, photos, would be helpful.
I'm leaning towards running boards that follows the contours such as Iconic...
I went with the Luverne - 7" Grip Step Black Step Boards more details on - https://www.carid.com/luverne-truck-equipment/7-grip-step-black-step-boards.html?offermpnid=4535106243&view=123456&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI56yvzrOL5gIVT8DeCh0F1wlsEAQYBCABEgKhofD_BwE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have an ex-uhaul '16. it has uhaul branded running boards. not too wide, which is good. invaluable since I had my ankle surgery. my old '17 (which got totaled out from underneath me by a drunk), was also ex-uhaul and didn't have the boards.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I really like my SteelCraft STX600 running boards. Got them from CarID website. They come with a long one on the passenger side and a short one on the driver side. They are really close to the bottom of the van so not much is lost to ground clearance compared to others, $199

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
it seems to me that folks here are more likely to say “side step” than “running board,” but I maybe misremembering.

Our side step is the one that Amazon is now putting on its vans. We got it from a place in Dallas that upfits commercial vehicles. Strong, beefy, not eye candy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been hoping for AMP Research to create a Powestep kit for the Promaster.

I think the Unibody construction may create some challenges for mounting, or maybe there's just not a big enough market.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've got the Amp steps on my 2500 diesel pick-em-up and cant imagine using that thing without them. At 49, its a major chore to climb in and I'm 165lbs so not a fatso by any means.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
AMP the way to go and will split 21" step up in half. I think we need an email campaign.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Do a search on this forum for "My Running Board Discovery" . I posted some pictures/assembly tips a couple of years ago. Start at page #5.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That is one beautiful van you got there. Can we use the word beautiful or is it sexist? Anywho, its manly and awesome looking. Nice job!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts