Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recently install running boards? Wanna post some pics? Auto customs is still not stocking boards for the 136".......

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Anyone recently install running boards? Wanna post some pics? Auto customs is still not stocking boards for the 136".......
Hi,
I ordered the Luverne Omega running board from Eurocamper -- Fedex says it will be here Tues (jan 20th).

I plan to install it right away -- weather permitting. I'll post some pictures.

I was waiting for the Auto Custom one for months -- decided I could not wait anymore.

Gary

·
Registered
82 Posts
Brian,

What model # and what is the source for your boards...they look nice for sure, but what do they look like before you make them the color of the van, or can you order them color matched?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Brian,

What model # and what is the source for your boards...they look nice for sure, but what do they look like before you make them the color of the van, or can you order them color matched?
Honestly, I do not know what the source or the part # is for these running boards. Our upfitter is responsible for that...I will try to find out what they are for you.

Before they are installed, they are unpainted and in a gray primer or gelcoat.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would love to find out where to get those. They look awesome. If anyone finds out, please let us know!

·
Registered
96 Posts
We used the ones from Autocustoms as they were recommended. We also have the 136" WB and when they came the brackets were wrong and would not fit on the van.
I had to contact the company and take measurements, etc. They finally realized that the supplier they get the brackets from used the wrong mandrel to bend the brackets, so after waiting a month, I got the new brackets and everything fitted exactly as they should. Short one for the drivers side and the 100" one for the passenger side!

Now if I could find some mud guards to keep the crap off of the running boards I would be golden! Anyone know of mud guards for the PM??

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can you post a pic bestaudioguy? When did you get the new brackets? I just contacted them again today after seeing that the 118" wheelbase is still the only option on line...I did not hear back from them...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Can you post a pic bestaudioguy? When did you get the new brackets? I just contacted them again today after seeing that the 118" wheelbase is still the only option on line...I did not hear back from them...
I will post a pic tomorrow. Thought I had one!

That's too bad because they are nice boards and I really like the no holes install.
I had to keep on them every week to have them made. They might be having a supply issue with the place that bends them. Its packaged with the brackets in a separate box.
Again, nice product and they do work. Keep on them to get the right brackets.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Here are the picture of the running boards installed.
They fit really nice and work well. Adding mud guards to the front will keep the junk off the boards. If I could find a set it would be nice!
BAG,

Do a search on the forum. One of the threads covers OEM mud flaps and the part numbers from RAM are listed.

Nice color van! Looks just like mine! Great chance for me to see what the running boards would look like.

·
Registered
96 Posts
BAG,

Do a search on the forum. One of the threads covers OEM mud flaps and the part numbers from RAM are listed.

Nice color van! Looks just like mine! Great chance for me to see what the running boards would look like.
Found them on the Mopar site but its a little confusing. Is the price for one or all 4? I have a message into them to clear it up

http://www.mopar.com/part/68134782AA?s=358537&i=4595424&b=ram

I went with the gray to try and match the ugly body moldings to try and make it more of one color. Once I get the windows tinted it will look stealth!

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
Hi,
I ordered the Luverne Omega running board from Eurocamper -- Fedex says it will be here Tues (jan 20th).

I plan to install it right away -- weather permitting. I'll post some pictures.

I was waiting for the Auto Custom one for months -- decided I could not wait anymore.

Gary
Hi,
Here are a couple pictures of the Luverne running boards as promised:

Overall, I think they are a pretty good product. They seem quite strong and stiff -- material quality is high. They look descent. The placement of the step relative to the ground and to the PM floor seems like a good compromise.

They installed fairly easily, but one of the brackets had to have a corner cut off for clearance, and the instructions are marginal. It took me about 5 hours to do the passenger side (longer) one -- will do the driver side later.

Price seems on the high side to me -- especially when you include the shipping.

There are more pictures and description on my site: http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/Vehicles/PMRV/RunningBoards/RuningBoards.htm

Gary

·
Registered
96 Posts
They are really nice looking boards!!

When I was doing my research to which boards to get, I decided on the Autocustoms set for one simple reason - no drilling holes! They system they have uses clamps that are positioned on the pinch welds and they use existing holes to place speed nuts in.
That was really the only reason I went with them.

I do like the look of those though. Are they slippery when wet as mine are??

·
Registered
96 Posts
How did that work out for you? The boards are not flat, but have raised ribs going down the lenght. How does the tape stick between the ribs?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How long are the luvernes? Can I just get the bracket, and install a different brand? I prefer a plastic board. Did you buy the brackets separately? If yes, how much are they? Where did you get them?

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
They are really nice looking boards!!

When I was doing my research to which boards to get, I decided on the Autocustoms set for one simple reason - no drilling holes! They system they have uses clamps that are positioned on the pinch welds and they use existing holes to place speed nuts in.
That was really the only reason I went with them.

I do like the look of those though. Are they slippery when wet as mine are??
Hi,
I splashed water on them and tested for slippery as best I could. The traction pad areas have good traction -- the water runs off the high points right away and they grip your shoes well. The bare alum parts are much more slippery.

There are probably about 20 holes to drill for these -- 7 brackets, and each bracket gets two holes in the pinch weld and most get a hole above in the rocker box. The forward bracket is the only when where the clearance is kind of tight for drilling.

Gary

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
How long are the luvernes? Can I just get the bracket, and install a different brand? I prefer a plastic board. Did you buy the brackets separately? If yes, how much are they? Where did you get them?
Hi.

They have several length combinations: http://www.eurocampers.com/ProMaster-Cab-Steps-Rear-Steps-Running-Boards_c_600.html

The one I have is passenger side at 98 inches and drivers at 36 inches.

You might be able to order brackets only, but EuroCamper does not offer them separately -- you would have to be careful that the whatever running board you use can be attached to the horizontal part of each bracket.

On the ones I have, the basic running board extrusion is alum and the traction pads are plastic and pretty gripy -- close up pictures:

This is the plastic traction pad being attached to the alum running board.

The brackets and boards came as a single kit from EuroCamper.com

Gary

1 - 20 of 26 Posts