Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Judging by the photos of the Paul Sherry conversion Promaster I would guess they are using standard conversion van running boards instead of ones made for the Promaster: http://paulsherryconversionvans.com/ram-promaster-conversion-van

So instead of searching for running boards for the promaster just search for running boards for conversion vans.
Hello everyone! My name is Brian and I am from Paul Sherry Conversion Vans.

The running boards that we use are from the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter. It's a perfect fit and they're very sturdy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks to Flash for starting this thread and Thanks to BrownBodie for the link to auto custom. They look so good and are priced right I just ordered a set for 100 inch both sides for $369. THANK YOU BOTH

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thanks to Flash for starting this thread and Thanks to BrownBodie for the link to auto custom. They look so good and are priced right I just ordered a set for 100 inch both sides for $369. THANK YOU BOTH
What I meant was 100 inch long running boards for both sides. I have sliding doors on both passenger and driver side. You can get a shorter board for the driver side if u do not have a slider on that side.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I tried adapting a set of power retractable ones from Amp Research but I gave up. I'm hoping they'll be building a set for a our vans.

·
Registered
179 Posts
One of the design features that attracted me to ProMaster is the low floor height.

But I also like to have good ground clearance.

Running boards can make it difficult to slide underneath a van. Took the extruded aluminum running boards off my Club Wagon the day after I brought it home. They made it next to impossible to even look under the van just to inspect things, let alone slide under to accomplish any repairs.

Prefer the cast aluminum 'coach' steps.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not anticipating havin to slide under for any repairs. More concerned wit getting in and out of the truck easier

·
Registered
37 Posts
One of the design features that attracted me to ProMaster is the low floor height.

But I also like to have good ground clearance.

Running boards can make it difficult to slide underneath a van. Took the extruded aluminum running boards off my Club Wagon the day after I brought it home. They made it next to impossible to even look under the van just to inspect things, let alone slide under to accomplish any repairs.

Prefer the cast aluminum 'coach' steps.
I see your point but you gotta do whats best if you have a handicape child in your home. Plus along with a set of mud flaps my van will stay cleaner.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I ordered my running boards about 2 weeks ago after talking to Jeff from AutoCustoms ext 410, I had paid $349.00 for them and after checking thier web site last night they were on sale and priced at $269.00 for two 79" boards. he credited me the difference.. so far great people and service

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered my running boards about 2 weeks ago after talking to Jeff from AutoCustoms ext 410, I had paid $349.00 for them and after checking thier web site last night they were on sale and priced at $269.00 for two 79" boards. he credited me the difference.. so far great people and service

Do those boards have non-slip rubber inlays or are they just what they appear to be, hard plastic or some sort of aluminum finish...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine will be here tomorrow. But i believe they are molded plasic with aluminum frame under it. The video shows galvanized mounting brackets but i was told on the phone they were powder coated. I emailed www.cyclevan.com to get aprice on what looks like the same running board and got a price back of almost $570.00 and $36.00 s/h, and that was for a long board for passanger and a short board for the drivers side.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
1 - 20 of 183 Posts