Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those who have the boards from Promaster World, can you please chime in and say what you think of them?
Easier to get in and out of?
Or dislike about them?
Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yep, they are great. Put on the short/long running boards. ~$650. Did it myself. Took 5 hours with basic tools and no lift. Great video, instructions and hardware is extra sturdy. Definitely a good decision. Only note: consider using lubricant or 7/64" drill bit when drilling into frame strut with bracket #2 . I sheared off 2 self tapping screws.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have them on a 159ex-tall. Love them, Makes getting in a breeze. Have to learn to lead with my R foot getting in, though. Were a snap to put in, ditto on the larger bit, took me 2-3 hrs in driveway, by myself.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool.. im gonna order them soon. Pribalky next week and install them myself...
questions
.. are the brackets rust proof?
Is the hardware also rust proof/resistant?
Did you paint inside the holes that were drilled theu the pinch weld? Are you worried about those big hold rusting thru over time?
thanks..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Brackets are extremely strong, not sure on the alloy but may outlast the van to be honest. I'm in the desert so I don't really worry about winter slush and salt, so you could put a dab of a silicon caulk when you do the self tap screws. There is an undercoating foam on the underside, so most of the bolt/screw heads press against that and form a good seal. You may have to use an knife to cut away a small area foam here or there to get the nut to thread for the crush weld spots. I had to do it just for one spot, took 10 seconds etc.

Or you could "paint" each spot after your done, hit it with a underside coating can type product etc. That should be sufficient. The edges of the brackets are sharp, so move slow etc, you'll probably end up with a scratch or two. The hardest bracket is #2 , as you have about 12" of free space once you put #1 to get your drill in position etc.

It's also a good chance to get acquainted with the underside of the van! I can already see where I can mount a grey water tank, lots of space under there.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brackets are extremely strong, not sure on the alloy but may outlast the van to be honest. I'm in the desert so I don't really worry about winter slush and salt, so you could put a dab of a silicon caulk when you do the self tap screws. There is an undercoating foam on the underside, so most of the bolt/screw heads press against that and form a good seal. You may have to use an knife to cut away a small area foam here or there to get the nut to thread for the crush weld spots. I had to do it just for one spot, took 10 seconds etc.

Or you could "paint" each spot after your done, hit it with a underside coating can type product etc. That should be sufficient. The edges of the brackets are sharp, so move slow etc, you'll probably end up with a scratch or two. The hardest bracket is #2 , as you have about 12" of free space once you put #1 to get your drill in position etc.

It's also a good chance to get acquainted with the underside of the van! I can already see where I can mount a grey water tank, lots of space under there.
Thanks for that additional info!! Do you know if the included hardware is stainless steel?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts