Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the road and when I slow down to a stop, sometimes the engine feels like its growling. then the RPM drops and it smooths out. its only every once in awhile. has anyone else experienced this is this something I should worry about??

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am on the road and when I slow down to a stop, sometimes the engine feels like its growling. then the RPM drops and it smooths out. its only every once in awhile. has anyone else experienced this is this something I should worry about??
I noticed this the other day when I was running the van in the driveway to warm up. Guessing it was at a warm up rev, and then kicked down.

I show dogs, too, and bought the Promaster for that purpose. Love that it is front wheel drive for soggy outdoor shows. What have you done to your van to make it a better dog van?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any pictures of the setup on the inside of your PM or other dog show van's? Would like to see how they are set up.
Mine is being upfitted right now, with insulated wall panels, lashing rail and LED lights. I have a welder making mounting frames for dog crates. When I have the van back I will post some pictures. I have more in mind, but I am tackling it in stages.

·
Registered
386 Posts
i feel like all the cars ive ever owned have done this to an extent

some more than others. especially when coming to a dead stop

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
in the middle of the night driving through the middle of nowhere in Kansas is pretty scary! the whole van vibrates for a few seconds. any other dog folks going to be in Louisville I'm almost there!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I show dogs too

Mine is being upfitted right now, with insulated wall panels, lashing rail and LED lights. I have a welder making mounting frames for dog crates. When I have the van back I will post some pictures. I have more in mind, but I am tackling it in stages.
I bought my PM for the entire purpose of showing dogs and their comfort. Just got it back today after the roof a/c and generator were installed. Next my brother in law will insulate and panel. Then we have a whole crate system ready to be mounted after that. I have goldens so we have it set to have 5 crates 30" HX 42" long by 21" wide. I will post picts as soon as it is finished

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my PM for the entire purpose of showing dogs and their comfort. Just got it back today after the roof a/c and generator were installed. Next my brother in law will insulate and panel. Then we have a whole crate system ready to be mounted after that. I have goldens so we have it set to have 5 crates 30" HX 42" long by 21" wide. I will post picts as soon as it is finished
I have Portuguese Water Dogs, I can fit four crates on the bottom between the driver's seat and the wheel well, and an upper row of 3 crates, to allow the driver's seat can be adjusted back. I have the 3500 159 extended. I am planning to put a platform in the back over the wheel wells to stow ex-pens and grooming tables, etc.

What kind of a.c. unit and generator did you get?

·
Registered
21 Posts
MY Dog PM

I have Portuguese Water Dogs, I can fit four crates on the bottom between the driver's seat and the wheel well, and an upper row of 3 crates, to allow the driver's seat can be adjusted back. I have the 3500 159 extended. I am planning to put a platform in the back over the wheel wells to stow ex-pens and grooming tables, etc.

What kind of a.c. unit and generator did you get?
I got a 1500 PM with High roof. I order most of my stuff from www.pplmotorhomes.com in Texas. they have the best prices anywhere even after figuring in shipping. I got a Coleman low profile Mach 8 13,500 BTU. It is only 8" high. The generator I got is a brand new model Onan 2.8. Bought that here in Florida. I had my installer put a 30 amp plug outlet wired to the inside of the van so I can plug in and have electric at shows where it is available. Otherwise i will run the generator. I know the generator isn't powerful enough to run the big tank fryers but rarely will I be at shows where I have to groom at my van. I mainly got it for the a/c.

We are building a platform on the drivers side 18" high that clear the wheel wells. The storage for the most part will be under the platform. The 5 crates are inside a cubby type wood frame which will give the crates support and allow me to have a mattress on top for naps. :) Gonna put a TV too. Right now we are insulating.I'll take picts as soon I get it together.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Please do post pics! I should have stated that the platform in the rear will have storage underneath, and a futon type set up atop. At least that is my hope. Will know more once the walls and the metal frame are in. Love the idea of a tv too! Will check out the website, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone have any insight on the rough idle? I just bought a used Promaster and it rides smooth and runs great, I noticed when in drive and waiting at the traffic light with my foot on the break, the van has a shake, I was told that that’s how his other Promaster was before he sold it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have any insight on the rough idle? I just bought a used Promaster and it rides smooth and runs great, I noticed when in drive and waiting at the traffic light with my foot on the break, the van has a shake, I was told that that’s how his other Promaster was before he sold it.
Corey, Did you find the fix to your rough idle? I had a tune up done on mine hoping it would fix it but the problem persisted after the spark plugs were changed. I want this thing fixed!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts