Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Diesel PM, 2015, 2500 hi-top
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My rooftop Polar Cub AC unit is on the blink, the compressor shuts down after a couple of minutes on medium fan, and it never gets very cold, and on high fan, it shuts down immediately. I've tried different outlets, so it's not the e-source. I'm going to be on the road soon east of the Mississippi primarily all summer, is there a good RV dealer/service nationally, that will work on this issue while I wait? Any advice would be appreciated! Thx.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intake air motor mount was broken, ordered part.
I suspect several bad bumpy and rutty dirt roads jarred the entire van last summer, I remember those nasty bumps.
Also one glow plug was bad, dealer replaced. They suspect it was a bit defected from the get-go and finally get bad enough to throw a sensor.
Good to go hopefully next week on another five-mth adventure to Northeast USA and Canda.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'd wager the damage was at the OEM plant, during shipping to the upfitter or at the upfitter. Jarring bumps enough to shock through into roof mounted likely would've been popping covers off things, loosen headlights - taillights and all that rot. As you said with the plug, a bit defected from the get-go.. .

Question on the glow plug - did it throw a code or was there a symptom without error code?

AND - five months sabbatical? Hokey schmokes Rocky!! We'll leave the lights on...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, thru a code with the glow plugs, the curly Q symbol, and then the CEL would come on next with a written note at each start-up, "glow plug" then "service".
But the issue with the AC, the first 6 mths was fine, cold, etc. no problems even though I didn't use the AC very much. So go figure . . .

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
PM me and/or KeepOnVanning if you are in the NE. Wife and I will be home by 15 May.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts