Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to put a powered roof vent in the rear of the cargo area for cooling purposes (I will be occasionally camping in my PM) but there is no flat area, it's all ribbed. I've installed roof vents before but it's always been on a flat area - any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Delp, I am having a fan installed next week, a MaxxFan 4500K.

The fun thing about the MaxxFan (apart the fact that it is a good brand) is that the sides sit on upper groves, so the lower groves (two of them, I think), will be in front of the fan.

I too worried about the groves, but the guy that's doing the job was almost insulted when I asked him if the installation could be a problem "Sir, I've been doing that for 30 years, I know what I am doing".

Just had a bad experience with a so called pro, but this one I tend to trust him. I wanted an opening window on the side door, but he refused to sell me one. He told me "I could sell you a universal one, but your van is too nice. We'll wait till they come out with a window specifically build for the Promaster".

He is suppose to do the job next week. Lucky guy, you can wait to to see what happens on some else's PM. ;)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Delp, I am having a fan installed next week, a MaxxFan 4500K.

The fun thing about the MaxxFan (apart the fact that it is a good brand) is that the sides sit on upper groves, so the lower groves (two of them, I think), will be in front of the fan.

I too worried about the groves, but the guy that's doing the job was almost insulted when I asked him if the installation could be a problem "Sir, I've been doing that for 30 years, I know what I am doing".

Just had a bad experience with a so called pro, but this one I tend to trust him. I wanted an opening window on the side door, but he refused to sell me one. He told me "I could sell you a universal one, but your van is too nice. We'll wait till they come out with a window specifically build for the Promaster".

He is suppose to do the job next week. Lucky guy, you can wait to to see what happens on some else's PM. ;)
Please let me know how it goes and includes pics, I'd really appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Will update my post in the picture forum when it's done. Reminds me that I have to put pictures of my auxiliary battery added.

But, now, I have a very important thing to do: go snow kiting!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I've got one in mine. Installed about in the middle of the slider location. I'll grab some pics as soon as I can. No problems with the ribs, just some carefully placed silicone.

·
Registered
512 Posts
The local Camper store will have the right stuff. Last time I install one (in the 70s) it was Butyl tape.
Yea, sorry about the crappy rainy day in SoCal pic. I used black silicone to fill the gaps, it is completely sealed and works great. It's got a thermostat so I just put it at whatever temp and it turns on and off as needed so not to drain my battery. Blows out or sucks in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts