Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two people have noticed this before me. Is is discoloration of the lenses or bulbs themselves. Some LED brighter Amber bulbs should fix it regardless w/o worry of CELs/complaints.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074M64S4W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AW1WYJTNVLT8R&psc=1[/ame]

SOLUTION!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know. Surprised I don't see anyone else complaining. My PM rarely sits out in the weather either, so I'm sure others here have this issue and just have not noticed.

When I put in the LEDs, I'll post up a comparison pic. Stock bulbs are probably 30 lumens. LEDs are 150+ lumens. A lot more visible at night.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,272 Posts
While I don't need brighter identification and clearance lights, I would recommend you not put brighter lamps for the rear. The brake and turn lights need to be the brightest. There is a reason why the intensity of the rear red identification and clearance is regulated.

Just food for thought.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not an issue for me because I decided to upgrade them all, but the roof lights in the back converted to LED are not THAT much brighter to be a concern. My reason for doing it is getting the amber color back in the front and once done I'll never have to change them again most likely.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just failed inspection in Virginia for this issue. They wanted to charge fifty bucks to fix it. I told them Ill do it myself

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You failed because your roof light peeled and turned clear on you?

Geez. Go with the LEDs I posted - as easy to install as any other bulb and never have to mess with it again. They are polarity sensitive so test them before re-mounting the housings.

If you happen to have a dealer appt for something else I would think the peeling would be considered a warranty item, but it is so low-dollar who cares.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are those light housings supposed to have seals on them? Mine don't and I noticed last week that there's moisture in a few of them.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,442 Posts
The lens is not sealed and not fully glue this is to let water out. Not fully glueing them allows for the lens to pop off when hit by a low tree branch. The base plate and bulb socket are sealed.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Are those light housings supposed to have seals on them? Mine don't and I noticed last week that there's moisture in a few of them.
They should have black flexible plastic "seals" on the bottoms. I had one with water in it and found it was actually a flawed screw hole that was leaking. I put nylon washers under all the screws, and they've stayed dry ever since. Be careful not to over tighten the screws in their plastic roof inserts.

KWB, the lens on my 2017 are fully bonded to their bases. Any water that gets in, stays in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the LED replacements for the front lights. Only took about 15 minutes to change out and they are noticeably brighter. Much nicer than original ones.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts