Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 118"wb low roof , looking for recommendations for a roof basket. Want it in black and more like off-road looking not contractor ones. Thanks !

Also is there any wider option for the wheels for these vans, tried to search but not much to choose from in these lug pattern.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is that really a Fiat in America. I didn't know they were available here. I love it. I have a red 118 as well and love the front of your Fiat. Looks amazing my friend. As far as a roof rake I don't know. There is a lot less made for the 118 than the rest. Fiamma doesn't even make a awning they say. Don't know why their shortest one won't work just fine. As far as wheels they are hard to come by being
5 x130
78.1mm bore
68mm offset
Most things you will find are for Porsche with too small of a bore.
Les swab found me some they said they could have drilled at the manufacture for me, but I am looking for all gloss wheel. Am thinking I will be powder coating a new set of chrome wheel to get what I want.
There is a bad ass tire wheel size calc here. WWW.wheel-size.com
Hope this helps you a little

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yes, i just bought it at fiat dealer in chicago few weeks ago.

Kidding, it's a promaster but got the front parts from europe and converted to fiat :)

Regarding the roof basket is anyone tried to fit something universal ?
For wheels im looking for basic black but want something wider which will be flush or stick out a little out of the body. I think the existing wheels look to narrow and small to the body of this van. Found ones on ebay but these are 5x127.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you find them you will be the first on here. Please keep me/us informed if you do find some. They have to start making something soon. There is a market for them. They would fit sprinters as well. These are $35-$80k vans people will spend money on them. It looks great with Fiat front. I had mine paint matched, wish I would of gone your way as well dammitt

·
Registered
186 Posts
Try Rhino Rack

I have 118"wb low roof , looking for recommendations for a roof basket. Want it in black and more like off-road looking not contractor ones. Thanks !

Also is there any wider option for the wheels for these vans, tried to search but not much to choose from in these lug pattern.
Take a look at Rhino Rack, crossbars and baskets will work on the PM. I went with the Pioneer platform, Rails, Awning and a few more goodies, but they offer a couple different baskets too

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, i will see what i can find. I would prefer use one without crossbars as i have seen on some SUVs.

·
Registered
186 Posts
You can get the mount kits for the cross bars then bolt them to the baskets they offer without the cross bars. We tried one and it worked fine, large xtray fit on the rear two roof mounts. I liked it, but we couldn't figure out then how to mount the Fox wing awning so I went with the platform instead. Nothing showed the combo of the basket fitting online, but the place i used in Bend Oregon seems pretty willing to try anything and they've built me a sweet setup out of components that weren't listed as working together. If you can find a good local stocking dealer, guessing they'd try too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts